Subject: [VRRP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vrrp-spec-v2-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:34:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Hinden et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-vrrp-spec-v2-08.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2003-7-2
	
This memo defines the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP).
VRRP specifies an election protocol that dynamically assigns
responsibility for a virtual router to one of the VRRP routers on a
LAN.  The VRRP router controlling the IP address(es) associated with
a virtual router is called the Master, and forwards packets sent to
these IP addresses.  The election process provides dynamic fail over
in the forwarding responsibility should the Master become
unavailable.  This allows any of the virtual router IP addresses on
the LAN to be used as the default first hop router by end-hosts.  The
advantage gained from using VRRP is a higher availability default
path without requiring configuration of dynamic routing or router
discovery protocols on every end-host.
This document replaces RFC2338 'Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol'.
RFC2338 will become historic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vrrp-spec-v2-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-vrrp-spec-v2-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vrrp-spec-v2-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Don Provan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:19:52 -0700

Sorry, nothing technical, but I couldn't help but notice that the
Author's Addresses in section 15 refer to at least two companies
that no longer exist. Perhaps it's time to refresh?
-don

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 1:34 PM
> To: IETF-Announce:
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [VRRP] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vrrp-spec-v2-08.txt
>
>

_______________________________________________
vrrp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vrrp