Subject: [VRRP] HSRP, conditions of use

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:11:04 +0000

A couple of somewhat newbie questions if you please.

Has anybody implemented code such that it serves VRRP as well as
HSRP purposes? Ideally, I would like to do so such that there is
some sort of auto detection (or via configuration) and my code 
would behave appropriately. I would appreciate hearing about pitfalls
and perhaps pointers to doing this or if indeed it is not the
done thing.

Secondly, how does one go about getting a licence from Cisco for 
the use of HSRP (as stated in RFC 2281)?

I would appreciate any answers to my questions.

Thank you,

    Arun Mahajan

_______________________________________________
vrrp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vrrp

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:04:08 -0600

> the use of HSRP (as stated in RFC 2281)?

The message at 
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/2002-08/0203.html
from Jim Mazmus says that Cisco does not license patent for 
implementation of HSRP.

Robert Barr ([email-masked]) should be able to help you with all 
this anyway.

Regards
Mukesh

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:35:02 +0000

Thank you for the prompt response.

I will follow up on the links that you have pointed me to.

Regards,

    .arun