Subject: [VRRP] Comments on draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-mib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:38:28 -0600

Hi Kalyan,

Here are my comments for the unified draft:

- The document should consistently use VRRP for IPv4 and 
  VRRP for IPv6 instead of VRRPv2 and VRRPv3.

- The document has RFC editor note at some places but some
  places don't have it and it is needed. Please make it consistent.

- Do we need section 2 (Revision History) ? Is anyone else doing
  this ?? If yes, an extra space before the section title should
  be removed.

- The MAX-ACCESS for vrrpOperVrId should be read-only. Right ??

- We are deprecating vrrpNodeVersion but I don't see a new version
  number object anywhere. Did I miss it ??

- Why are we specifying the SYNTAX of vrrpOperPriority and 
  vrrpOperIpAddrCount as Integer32 and not just Integer ??

- Should we specify the value of vrrpOperPrimaryAddrType, 
  vrrpOperPrimaryIpAddr, vrrpAssoIpAddrTable and vrrpAssoIpAddrEntry
  objects for VRRP for IPv6 ??

- If we change the vrrpOperAdvertisementInterval to microseconds 
  just for VRRP for IPv6, how are we going to accomodate that in 
  the MIB ??

- The description of the object vrrpAssoIpAddrType is wrong.

- Is it possible to keep all the Auth related objects in the 
  vrrpRouterStatsEntry table together ??

- Don't deprecate vrrpStatsAuthTypeMismatch for VRRP for IPv4.

- I think, we don't need HopLimitError and TtlErrors separately.
  Merging them with a good description would be a good idea.

- Do we need "Discontinuities in the value...." paragraph for
  vrrpStatsDiscontinuityTime and vrrpStatsRefreshRate ??

- Section 9 says "Added ifindex and vrrpOperVrId to 
  vrrpTrapNewMaster but I don't see them in the definition
  of vrrpTrapNewMaster.

- Do we need section 10 here ?? Are there IPRs for the MIB ??

Nits:
- The expiry date needs to be corrected. I think, the word 
  macro is messed up because both the drafts have this problem.
- The author names in the top header should have capital 
  case K.
- "VRRPv3" in the title has small case "p".
- The header on each page should have capital K in "Karlekar"
- "obsoletes" is mis-spelled in the abstract
- Extra space after Protocol in "... employ the Virtual Router 
  Redundancy Protocol  for both..." in abstract.
- Section 1: Paragraph 1: space needed before RFC in "section
  7 ofRFC 3410..."
- An extra space before the section 2 title should be removed.
- Authors' addresses need to be corrected.
	0 Fairchild is one word
	0 Phone number format should be consistent
	0 Zip code in Kripakaran's address should be 94043
- Format the section 11 properly.

I am getting tired of typing all the small nits. I will convey
them to you in a phone call :)

Regards
Mukesh

_______________________________________________
vrrp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vrrp