Subject: [VRRP] Separate MIBs or Unified MIB

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:20:58 -0600

Folks,

As you would have read in the meeting minutes, the consensus 
of the room in the meeting was to go forward with a unified 
MIB for VRRP. (One MIB describing both VRRP for IPv4 and VRRP 
for IPv6).

We would like to confirm this on the list.

So please reply and raise your objections if you think that 
the separate MIBs will be better than the unified MIB.

If we don't hear anything from anyone within a week, we would 
assume that everyone will prefer a unified MIB.

Regards
Mukesh

_______________________________________________
vrrp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vrrp

---

From: Yasuhiro Ohara <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 04:49:12 +0900 (JST)

Just curious, how one can retrieve specific protocol's data
(either VRRPv2 or VRRPv3) when both enabled on the target router ?

If vrrp version will be included in the object name (i.e.
"One MIB" just means that the document is one, MIB datas
are seperated but mixed in one MIB tree), that will be OK
but otherwise (e.g. the data retrieved will depend on transport
protocol family ..., I don't believe you mean this though)
it will bring operation real hard ...

regards,
yasu

From: [email-masked]
Subject: [VRRP] Separate MIBs or Unified MIB
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:20:58 -0600