Subject: [VRRP] Problem in addition of IP address to vrrp interface

From: Gauri Senad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:28:42 -0500

Hello,

I am using 6WIND stack for addition vrrp-interface. When I add first vrrp
in the system using 6wing CLI its is getting added successfully. Now when
the second vrrp interface is added its IP address is not getting attached
to the vrrp interface. Following is the "ifconfig" output. Any one has seen
such issues earlier with 6wind stack?

 ifconfig   | grep -A 5 vrrp
vrrpv2g5  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:5E:00:01:05
          inet addr:10.112.107.99  Bcast:10.112.107.103
Mask:255.255.255.248
          inet6 addr: fe80::200:5eff:fe00:105/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:964 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:224 errors:1 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
--
vrrpv2g6  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:5E:00:01:06
          inet6 addr: fe80::200:5eff:fe00:106/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
-------------------> There is no IP address on this VRRP. Ideally there
should be 10.112.107.107/29 on it.
          RX packets:40 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:2 errors:2 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

Regards,

Gauri