Subject: Re: [weirds] Security Requirements: Non-repudiation

From: Francisco Arias <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 14:30:25 -0800

On 10/22/12 7:43 AM, "Peter Koch" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>There are TLD registries that offer "signed whois" today.  Given that
>this is
>a third party attestation to some extent, I'm not sure it really falls
>into the 'non-repudiation' category.

Hi Peter,

Which TLD registries offer "signed Whois"?

Regards,

__

Francisco.

---

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 05:27:30 +0100

> Which TLD registries offer "signed Whois"?

at the risk of it looking like a plug, but since Francisco asked:

<http://www.dns.be/en/whois_certificat>
<http://www.denic.de/en/domains/whois-service/signed-whois-information.html>

The idea is to enable the client (party) to prove to a third party that
a domain had certain (contact or holder) information at a particular
point in time.  I'm not offering this as a requirement for weirds, though.

As discussed before, this cannot be achieved simply by authenticating the
server through the use of TLS/https.

-Peter