Subject: Re: [weirds] Comments on draft-ietf-weirds-using-http-00

From: Francisco Arias <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 13:09:21 -0800

Hi Andy, Byron, and Ning,

I have the following comments/questions on the
draft-ietf-weirds-using-http-00 draft.

- 10.  Common Datatypes: for email addresses there is a potential
internationalization issue. With the approval of the EAI standards, don't
we need to support internationalized email addresses?

- 10. Common Datatypes: is RFC 791 the right spec for IPv4 textual
representation?

Regards,

__

Francisco.

---

From: Andy Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 21:17:36 +0000

>we need to support internationalized email addresses?

Good question. We should bring this up during the session today.

>- 10. Common Datatypes: is RFC 791 the right spec for IPv4 textual

Yes, I think there is a better reference using in the JSON response draft.
I'll go hunt it down.

-andy

---

From: Francisco Arias <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 13:20:47 -0800

>Yes, I think there is a better reference using in the JSON response draft.

Reading the json-response draft I found the following text:

"IPv4 addresses: The representation of IPv4 addresses in this document
uses the dotted-decimal notation described in [RFC1166]."

Regards,

__

Francisco.