Subject: [weirds] comments on draft-ietf-weirds-json-response-04

From: Ernie Dainow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 12:10:29 -0400

p.24 What is [1] in
     idnTable -- the name of the IDN table of codepoints, such as one 
listed with the IANA (see IDN tables [1]).

9.1 Status
Add "associated"    (as indicated in log on p.69 - Added associated to 
the list of status values.)
Add "renew prohibited"
Correct spelling of "transfer prohibited"
     p.29     "status" : [ "locked", "transferProhibited" ],
     p.62    "status" : [ "locked", "transfer Prohibited" ],

9.3 Roles
Can we add "notifications"
For an example, see whois trip.asia

p.40 and 61
To be consistent with other examples of links in entity objects, change
     "rel":"alternate"   to    "rel":"self"

Appendixes
These sections contain a lot of information that is easily missed. Some 
important concepts about entities are only covered in Appendix A and C. 
It might be more streamlined to merge and integrate them into Section 
6.1 "The Entity Object Class". At least provide a reference from 6.1 to 
Appendix A and C.

-Ernie

---

From: Ernie Dainow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 15:57:12 -0400

Here are some additional Status values we currently use. Can they also 
be added to Section 9.1.

hold: The domain will not be published in a zone for DNS resolution. 
This status is placed on the domain by the registrar.

locked: The domain cannot be transferred, renewed, or deleted. 
Hierarchical and associated objects cannot be added or removed from the 
domain object. Domain names involved in disputes may be locked, subject 
to registry policies.

Pending States - a request has been received and completion of the 
request is pending. The domain cannot be renewed, deleted, or updated 
while in any of these states.
pending create
pending renew
pending transfer
pending update
pending delete: The domain has been removed from the zone, but has not 
yet been purged from the registry database.

-Ernie

On 7/3/2013 12:10 PM, Ernie Dainow wrote:
> These sections contain a lot of information that is easily missed. 
> Some important concepts about entities are only covered in Appendix A 
> and C. It might be more streamlined to merge and integrate them into 
> Section 6.1 "The Entity Object Class". At least provide a reference 
> from 6.1 to Appendix A and C.
>
> -Ernie
>

---

From: Andy Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:37:57 +0000

Thanks Ernie. Can I list you in the IANA registration?

-andy

---

From: Byron Ellacott <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 07:03:58 +0000

While we're looking at the IANA registrations, I notice that
"administrator" and "tech" are different levels of abbreviation - could we
make "tech" be "technical" please?

Also, the "port43" attribute is missing on ip and autnum object
descriptions.

  Byron

On 20/07/13 12:37 AM, "Andy Newton" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>weirds mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds