Subject: [weirds] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-02.txt

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:59:02 -0300

FYI.

Main changes:

- language cleanup (done away with RESTful WHOIS)
- section on loop detection gone as per WG feedback
- noted that a simple redirection table for number resources can be
built from the IANA registries
- added pseudo code for a redirection-only RDAP service
- noted the discussion of the bootstrap problem

tks!

~Carlos

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-02.txt
Date: 	Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:55:27 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Linlin Zhou <[email-masked]>, Gerardo Rada
<[email-masked]>, Dario Gomez <[email-masked]>, Carlos M. Martinez
<[email-masked]>, Arturo L. Servin <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Carlos M. Martinez and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-weirds-redirects
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Redirection Service for Registration Data Access Protocol
Creation date:	 2013-07-15
Group:		 weirds
Number of pages: 10
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-02.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-redirects
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-02
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-weirds-redirects-02

Abstract:
   The traditional WHOIS protocol has several important shortcomings,
   and over the past few years several approaches to a better
   Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) have been discussed and
   proposed.

   It is worth noting that the term WHOIS is sometimes used
   interchangeably to mean either (a) the registration data itself or
   (b) the protocol used to access registration data

   Among these shortcomings, different registries operate different
   WHOIS services.  For users this means that several WHOIS queries to
   different registries may be necessary in order to obtain data for a
   given resource.

   This document describes a redirection service for RDAP queries.  This
   service allows clients to query a single RDAP service and expect
   either an authoritative answer or a redirection hint pointing to
   another, possibly authoritative, RDAP server.

   The solution implemented proposed here applies to Regional Internet
   Registries(RIRs) and Domain Name Registries(DNRs).

The IETF Secretariat