Subject: [weirds] Document Action: 'Registration Data Access Protocol Object Inventory Analysis' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-weirds-object-inventory-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 15:20:28 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Registration Data Access Protocol Object Inventory Analysis'
  (draft-ietf-weirds-object-inventory-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Web Extensible Internet Registration
Data Service Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Pete Resnick and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-object-inventory/

Technical Summary

   WHOIS output objects from registries (including both Regional
   Internet Registries (RIRs) and Domain Name Registries (DNRs)) were
   collected and analyzed.  This document describes the statistical
   analysis process and results of the analysis of existing WHOIS
   information.  The purpose of this document is to build an object
   inventory to facilitate discussions of data objects included in
   Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) responses.

Working Group Summary

   The document received light review, but its content is well
   understood by the entire working group, was presented and discussed
   during at least two meetings, and has always been non-controversial. 
   The consensus was "good but quiet"; the WG had much more meaty
   things on which to focus.

Document Quality

   Early discussion of the document centered around whether to publish
   it at all.  Consensus of the WG is that this is useful work to record
   as it draws a line from WHOIS to RDAP explaining some of the choices
   found in other documents.  It may also be referenced by ICANN work as
   their policies transition from WHOIS to RDAP.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Murray Kucherawy (WEIRDS co-chair).
   The responsible Area Director is Pete Resnick.