Subject: [weirds] Protocol Action: 'Registration Data Access Protocol Query Format' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 15:16:05 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Registration Data Access Protocol Query Format'
  (draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Web Extensible Internet Registration
Data Service Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Pete Resnick and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query/

Technical Summary

   This document describes uniform patterns to construct HTTP URLs that
   may be used to retrieve registration information from registries
   (including both Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) and Domain Name
   Registries (DNRs)) using "RESTful" web access patterns.  These
   uniform patterns define the query syntax for the Registration Data
   Access Protocol (RDAP).

Working Group Summary

   This document received a good amount of the working group's attention
   throughout the life of the working group, and has also received some
   commentary from outside the working group. It has solid consensus.

Document Quality

   This document, along with the bootstrap document and the JSON
   response document, form the core of the RDAP protocol.  Notably, some
   of the external reviews included people heavily involved in the HTTP
   community (Mark Nottingham, Julian Reschke, discussing URI design)
   and lengthy discussion of such things as internationalized domain
   names (Andrew Sullivan, John Klensin). 

Personnel

   Murray Kucherawy is the document shepherd.
   Pete Resnick is the responsible Area Director.