Subject: [weirds] Protocol Action: 'JSON Responses for the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-weirds-json-response-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 15:17:00 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'JSON Responses for the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP)'
  (draft-ietf-weirds-json-response-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Web Extensible Internet Registration
Data Service Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Pete Resnick and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-json-response/

Technical Summary

   This document describes JSON data structures representing
   registration information maintained by Regional Internet Registries
   (RIRs) and Domain Name Registries (DNRs).  These data structures are
   used to form Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) query
   responses.

Working Group Summary

   This document received a fair amount of the working group's attention
   throughout the life of the working group, and has also received a
   small amount of commentary from outside the working group.
   There has been nothing unusual process-wise.  No appeals have been
   threatened.

Document Quality

   This document, along with the Using HTTP document and the JSON
   response document, form the core of the RDAP protocol.  Notably,
   there has been lengthy discussion of such things as internationalized
   domain names (Andrew Sullivan, John Klensin) and I18N in general. 
   There exist a handful of prototype implementations based on this
   document, so there's running code.

Personnel

   Murray Kucherawy is the document shepherd.
   Pete Resnick is the responsible Area Director.