Subject: [weirds] Protocol Action: 'Security Services for the Registration Data Access Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-sec-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 15:19:43 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Security Services for the Registration Data Access Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-sec-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Web Extensible Internet Registration
Data Service Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Pete Resnick and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-sec/

Technical Summary

  The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) provides "RESTful" web
  services to retrieve registration metadata from domain name and
  regional internet registries.  This document describes information
  security services, specific requirements for RDAP, and approaches to
  provide RDAP security services.

  The document is requesting Proposed Standard status as per the definition
  of a Technical Specification in RFC2026 Section 3.1.  It defines a
  set of protocol requirements and solutions for those, and as such
  is part of an overal protocol specification.

Working Group Summary

  The document has received broad review and support of the participants
  of the WEIRDS working group.

Document Quality

  Expert review of the Security Area Directorate
  will happen automatically, so such was not explicitly solicited to date.
  No other external reviews from other directorates or expertise areas 
  appear to be necessary as this merely discusses security requirements
  and does not touch directly on other services (e.g., DNS) or concepts
  (e.g., internationalization).

Personnel

  Murray Kucherawy is the document shepherd.
  Pete Resnick is the responsible Area Director.