Subject: WG Chairs Beer Evening, Wednesday

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 12:45:35 -0400

May I suggest that we (chairs, secretaries, and whatever ADs want to join)
gather at Chill Winston in Gastown (3 Alexander St, Vancouver, BC) for
social interaction and to get to know each other better, as soon as we can
get there after the plenary on Wednesday?  They have a good selection of
beers and what seems decent food.  It's a 15-20 minute walk and easy to
find.  I'll see about letting them know that we'll be descending upon them,
if we get a few "Yeah, that seems great" responses here.

Barry

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:29:19 -0700

On 7/28/12 9:45 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:
> May I suggest that we (chairs, secretaries, and whatever ADs want to 
> join) gather at Chill Winston in Gastown (3 Alexander St, Vancouver, 
> BC) for social interaction and to get to know each other better, as 
> soon as we can get there after the plenary on Wednesday?  They have a 
> good selection of beers and what seems decent food.  It's a 15-20 
> minute walk and easy to find.  I'll see about letting them know that 
> we'll be descending upon them, if we get a few "Yeah, that seems 
> great" responses here.
the locals don't seem to like it that much.

steamworks brewing. is a block or two closer and seems to garner some 
balance of favorable attention.
375 Water Street 
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=D&oi=plus&q=https://maps.google.com/maps?ie%3DUTF8%26cid%3D18199275471910539258%26q%3DSteamworks%2BBrewing%2BCo%26iwloc%3DA%26gl%3DUS%26hl%3Den>Vancouver, 
BC V6B 1B8 Canada

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:45:34 -0400

On Saturday, July 28, 2012, joel jaeggli wrote:

> 375 Water Street <https://www.google.com/url?**
> sa=D&oi=plus&q=https://maps.**google.com/maps?ie%3DUTF8%**
> 26cid%3D18199275471910539258%**26q%3DSteamworks%2BBrewing%**
> 2BCo%26iwloc%3DA%26gl%3DUS%**26hl%3Den<https://www.google.com/url?sa=D&oi=plus&q=https://maps.google.com/maps?ie%3DUTF8%26cid%3D18199275471910539258%26q%3DSteamworks%2BBrewing%2BCo%26iwloc%3DA%26gl%3DUS%26hl%3Den>>Vancouver,
> BC V6B 1B8 Canada
>

OK, that works for me.
Updated plan:
Steamworks Brewing, after the plenary on Wednesday; I'll try to reserve
some space after allowing time for more feedback.

Other comments?

Barry

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:54:39 -0700

On 2012-07-28 10:45, Barry Leiba wrote:
>     steamworks brewing. is a block or two closer and seems to garner
>     some balance of favorable attention.
>     375 Water Street
>     <https://www.google.com/url?__sa=D&oi=plus&q=https://maps.__google.com/maps?ie%3DUTF8%__26cid%3D18199275471910539258%__26q%3DSteamworks%2BBrewing%__2BCo%26iwloc%3DA%26gl%3DUS%__26hl%3Den
>     <https://www.google.com/url?sa=D&oi=plus&q=https://maps.google.com/maps?ie%3DUTF8%26cid%3D18199275471910539258%26q%3DSteamworks%2BBrewing%2BCo%26iwloc%3DA%26gl%3DUS%26hl%3Den>>Vancouver,
>     BC V6B 1B8 Canada
> 
> 
> OK, that works for me.
> Updated plan:

Sounds good, I will try to be their unless something really importat
pops up.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:58:29 -0400

> Sounds good, I will try to be their unless something really importat

Oh, Magnus, what could be more important than beer with your buds?

b

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:25:33 -0400

I _think_ I can still make that.  The week is looking a little
crowded, but unless I failed to write something down Wed night is
still open.

Best,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 12:26:28 -0700

> Oh, Magnus, what could be more important than beer with your buds?

I'd hope the place could serve better than Bud.

d/

-- 
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  bbiw.net

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:49:14 -0700

> I'd hope the place could serve better than Bud.

Yes, they are a brewpub. So they have a number of their own beers.
http://www.ratebeer.com/p/steamworks-brewing-co-canada/398/

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 13:41:26 -0700

Boy, we're hopeless.

I believe the protocol specification required this in response:

"Yeah, that seems great"

Yeah, that seems great

On Jul 28, 2012, at 10:45 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:

> steamworks brewing. is a block or two closer and seems to garner some balance of favorable attention.
> 375 Water Street <https://www.google.com/url?sa=D&oi=plus&q=https://maps.google.com/maps?ie%3DUTF8%26cid%3D18199275471910539258%26q%3DSteamworks%2BBrewing%2BCo%26iwloc%3DA%26gl%3DUS%26hl%3Den>Vancouver, BC V6B 1B8 Canada
> 
> OK, that works for me.
> Updated plan:
> Steamworks Brewing, after the plenary on Wednesday; I'll try to reserve some space after allowing time for more feedback.
> 
> Other comments?
> 
> Barry
>

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:50:18 +0300

Yeah, that seems great

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 13:58:34 -0700

> I believe the protocol specification required this in response:

ytsg

d/

---

From: "Howard, Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:02:18 -0400

Yeah, that seems great.
Too bad I have to leave Tuesday night.  Have fun!  Please select a dark
ale (maybe a porter) and put on the table or bar for me.

Lee

On 7/29/12 4:41 PM, "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>><https://www.google.com/url?sa=D&oi=plus&q=https://maps.google.com/maps?i
>>e%3DUTF8%26cid%3D18199275471910539258%26q%3DSteamworks%2BBrewing%2BCo%26i
>>wloc%3DA%26gl%3DUS%26hl%3Den>Vancouver, BC V6B 1B8 Canada
>>
>> OK, that works for me.
>> Updated plan:

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:11:48 -0700

>> I believe the protocol specification required this in response:
y

/a

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:47:00 -0700

> I believe the protocol specification required this in response:

+1

Had lunch there (Steamworks) today. Beer was fine. Food was ok. Service 
was super slow. Fixable with more interrupts from our part, we were just 
not in a hurry.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca

---

From: "Leif Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:28:41 -0500

> Steamworks Brewing, after the plenary on Wednesday; I'll try to reserve some space after allowing time for more feedback.

ok by my beer-rule #1: joel knows

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 21:02:49 +0100

> http://www.ratebeer.com/p/steamworks-brewing-co-canada/398/

Looks like a great choice.

Tim

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:53:00 -0400

> some space after allowing time for more feedback.

Update:
I've tried to reserve space for us, and they say they have no private space
available for Wednesday.  They do have space across the street at "Rogue",
but they want a $500 deposit and there's a $1000 "minimum spend".

I suggest that we just descend on the place as individuals, and figure that
we can gather and mix, with no "minimum spend", but no private space.  In
other words, plan is as stated above, and we'll find each other there.

Barry

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:58:57 -0700

I'm confused. Meet at Steamworks Brewing, NOT Rogue?

--
Sent from a mobile device. Sorry for typos or weird auto-correct. Thank IETF LEMONADE for mobile email!

On Jul 30, 2012, at 1:53 PM, Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I've tried to reserve space for us, and they say they have no private space available for Wednesday.  They do have space across the street at "Rogue", but they want a $500 deposit and there's a $1000 "minimum spend".
> 
> I suggest that we just descend on the place as individuals, and figure that we can gather and mix, with no "minimum spend", but no private space.  In other words, plan is as stated above, and we'll find each other there.
> 
> Barry
>

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:03:57 -0400

You confuse easily, I guess.  Yes.  Steamworks.  As planned:

> Only change is that no space will be reserved.

Barry

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:40:31 -0700

yeah, that seems great

Le 2012-07-30 14:03, Barry Leiba a écrit :
>>             steamworks brewing. is a block or two closer and seems to
>>             garner some balance of favorable attention.
>>             375 Water Street
>>         Steamworks Brewing, after the plenary on Wednesday; I'll try
>>         to reserve some space after allowing time for more feedback.
>>
>>

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:35:15 -0700

200 OK

/a

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jul 2012 15:46:16 -0000

ytsg, but keep in mind that the fireworks start at 22:00

R's,
John