Subject: [Wpack] Barry Leiba's No Objection on charter-ietf-wpack-00-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 20:35:19 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-wpack-00-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-wpack/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

   * A low likelihood that the new format increases centralization or power
      imbalances on the web.

I don’t have much confidence that this can reasonably be achieved in reality,
but I have no objection to having it listed as a goal.

   In particular, because
   something is in the initial document set (consisting of
   <list of drafts> does not imply

I suggest that the complaint about this part could be best addressed by not
listing the drafts in the charter and by saying it this way:

NEW
   In particular, because
   something is in an initial working group draft does not imply
END

---

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 14:52:43 +0000

Hi Barry,

>    something is in an initial working group draft does not imply

I used your text, thank you.

Best Regards,
Alexey