Subject: [Wpack] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on charter-ietf-wpack-00-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Suresh Krishnan via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 21:43:02 -0800

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-wpack-00-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-wpack/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This item seems oddly specific

"* Allow the format to be used in self-extracting executables."

but it is not clear to me that this is a property of the format. Can you
clarify a bit what the format needs to do to meet this?

Like Adam, Alissa, and Barry I would love to see a bit more elucidation of the
"avoid centralization" aspect of the charter.

---

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 18:36:29 +0000

Hi Suresh,

> clarify a bit what the format needs to do to meet this?

I deleted it, I don't think this helps in the charter.

> "avoid centralization" aspect of the charter.

I deleted this as well, as it read more like motherhood and apple pie.

Best Regards,
Alexey

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 15:11:09 +0000

> On Feb 6, 2020, at 1:36 PM, Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Suresh,
> 

Thanks a lot Alexey!! That works out great.

Regards
Suresh