Subject: INFOCOM 2000 Call For Participation

From: Fred Bauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 18:56:58 -0800 (PST)

CALL  FOR  PARTICIPATION
		  ------------------------

		      IEEE Infocom 2000
    (Israel)  http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000
      (U.S.A.)  http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~rom/infocom2000
       (Japan) http://halo.kuamp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~infocom

               Dan Panorama Hotel, Tel Aviv, Israel
		      March 26-30, 2000

     Sponsored by the IEEE Communications and Computer Societies

Download the complete advanced program
http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000/infocom00apv7.pdf

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

Cut-off dates for special lower rates:

    Hotel reservation cut-off date*  January 24, 2000 (only two more
                                                       weeks to go)
    Early registration cut-off date  February 28, 2000

Infocom 2000 dates:

    Tutorials                        March 26-27, 2000
    Conference                       March 28-30, 2000

* Israel is expected to be crowded with tourists during the year 2000.
  Furthermore, the Pope is scheduled to visit Israel the week before 
  the conference.  
  Hence, it is advised to make HOTEL and FLIGHT reservations for 
  the conference as soon as possible.

HOTEL RATES 
===========

Double Occupancy $157.50
Single Occupancy $139.00

Rates are per room per night and include full Israeli buffet breakfast.
The rates also include all taxes for non-israelis.
For more details consult the web pages.

http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000/reservation.html

REGISTRATION FEES
=================

Registration fees for an IEEE member prior to February 28, 2000 will be $500
and it will include all technical sessions, open receptions, proceedings
(CD) and three lunches. For other fees consult the web pages.
         -------------

On-line registration: https://secure.computer.org/conf/infocom/register.htm

VENUE
=====

For the last 18 years, Infocom has been the major conference on computer
communications and networking, bringing together researchers and
implementors of every aspect of data communications and networks
presenting the most up-to-date results and achievements in the field.

The 19th annual conference on Computer Communications, Infocom 2000,
will be held at the Dan Panorama Hotel in Tel-Aviv, Israel, during the
week of March 26-30, 2000.  Overlooking the Mediterranean, the Dan
Panorama Tel Aviv is a city hotel in a resort setting.  Just a few steps
away are fine shops, theaters, restaurants and the corporate world of
Tel Aviv, contrasted by the ancient port city of Jaffa with its
picturesque corners and flea markets for bargain hunters.  The hotel
features a large swimming pool, beach access and a fully equipped
health & fitness center. 

SCOPE
=====

Original papers and panel discussions describing state-of-the-art
research and development in all areas of computer networking and data
communications will be presented. Browse the excellent technical
program and see the papers at
http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000/program.html

KEYNOTE SPEAKER
===============

Prof. Leonard Kleinrock, Chairman, Nomadix, Inc.
Keynote title: Nomadic Computing and Smart Spaces
http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000/key.html

TUTORIALS
=========

Full Day
--------
- Wavelength-routing optical networks (Kumar Sivarajan, Indian Institute 
							     of Science)
- The evolution of QoS in the Internet standards community (Jon Crowcroft,
                                                   University College London)
- Overview of network security (Radia Perlman, Sun Microsystems)
- Teletraffic Models and Tools: From Basics to Advanced(Khosrow Sohraby, 
                                     University of Missouri, Kansas City)
- IP Multicast: past, present and future (Radia Perlman, Sun
                                    Microsystems & Christophe Diot, Sprint)

Half Day
--------
- MPLS (Loa Andersson, Nortel Networks)
- New technologies for LAN systems (Dono Van-Mierop, IBM Israel)
- Satellite IP networking (Catherine Rosenberg, Purdue University)
- Mobile IP: adding mobility to the Internet (Charles Perkins, Nokia Research)

http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000/tutorial.html

QUESTIONS?
===========================

Write to 
[email-masked]]