Subject: IEEE INFOCOM 2001 Call for participation

From: "Andreas Pitsillides" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:40:26 +0200

---------------------------------<>-----------------------------------
The 20th Annual Conference of IEEE Communications and Computer Societies

                     C A L L   F O R    P A P E R S

                  I E E E   I N F O C O M    2 0 0 1

              The Conference on Computer Communications
               "20 Years into the Communications Odyssey"

                    http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001

                 April 22-26, 2001 - Anchorage, Alaska
       Sponsored by the IEEE Communications and Computer Societies

CALL FOR PAPERS
================

The major conference on computer communications and networking is
celebrating its 20th anniversary in the splendid setting of Anchorage
(Alaska) during the week of April 22-26. The conference will bring
together researchers and practitioners of every aspect of digital
communications and networks, presenting the most up-to-date results
and achievements in these fields. The IEEE INFOCOM 2001 program committee
is soliciting original papers describing state-of-the-art research and
development in all areas of computer networking and data
communications. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to,
the following:

BISDN and ATM                       Network management and control
Billing and pricing                 Network measurements and testbeds
Communication protocols             Protocol design and analysis
Congestion and admission control    Quality of service
Flow control                        Queueing theory
Cryptography, information hiding    Scheduling
Internet and web applications       Security and privacy
Optical networks                    Storage area networks
Mobile networks                     Switching and switch architectures
Multicast                           Traffic management and control
Multimedia                          Routing
Multiple access                     Web performance and caching
Network architectures               Wireless networks

PAPER SUBMISSION
================

Papers must be submitted electronically according to the instructions
described in <http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001> and summarized
below. Proposals for panels, half- or full-day tutorials should be
submitted to the respective chairs. Please refer to the conference web
site for further details.

Papers must be formatted according to the IEEE standard format except
for the font size, which MUST be 11pt.  To make it easy to adhere to
the formatting standard, we offer templates and samples for LaTex,
MSWord, and FrameMaker (please refer to the pertinent web pages at
<http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001>).
-------------------------------------------------------------------
PAPERS THAT DO NOT COMPLY TO THE ABOVE FORMAT CANNOT BE REVIEWED
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Submissions must be in PDF or Postscript.  Postscript papers must use
only standard PostScript fonts: Times Roman, Courier, Symbol, and
Helvetica.  (Please note that Postscript output from MSWord typically
does not work on non-Microsoft platforms.  The use of the Apple
LaserWriter II printer driver is strongly recommended).  The above
formatted papers can be submitted in a compressed form (gzip, zip,
WinZip, compress).

Because of the size limitation on the final manuscript, and to ensure
that the reviewed paper and the final version have a similar size,
-----------------------------------------------------
PAPERS WITH MORE THAN 11 PAGES CANNOT BE REVIEWED
-----------------------------------------------------
(this is roughly equivalent to 20 double-spaced pages).

Papers must be submitted electronically using the Web site at
<http://www.ieee-infocom.org/2001>.  This web page contains exact and
detailed instructions about the submission process. Author's contact
information must be provided during submission. To save space, authors
may omit this information from the paper itself.  Authors will receive
an immediate notification of the successful receipt of the file
containing their paper.  Subsequently, a formal notification will be
sent after verifying that the paper can be printed successfully.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| SUBMISSIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BETWEEN MAY 1ST AND JULY 5TH, 2000. |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBMISSION DEADLINES ARE STRICT!  PAPERS THAT HAVE BEEN IMPROPERLY
SUBMITTED OR IMPROPERLY FORMATTED BY THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE WILL NOT BE
CONSIDERED.  TO AVOID LAST MINUTE PROBLEMS, AUTHORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO
SUBMIT THEIR PAPERS WELL IN ADVANCE OF THE DEADLINE.

THE REVIEW PROCESS
==================

Each paper will typically be reviewed by three independent reviewers,
whose reviews will be relayed to the corresponding author.  Following
last year successful experiment, authors will have a chance to provide
a limited rebuttal on the reviews before the program committee makes
its final decision.

TRAVEL GRANTS
=============

Limited travel assistance to students, post-docs and junior faculty
presenting a paper in the conference will be available. Please refer
to the conference web site for further details.

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

   Complete paper due             July 5, 2000
   Notification of acceptance     October 31, 2000
   Final version due              December 31, 2000

PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS [[email-masked]]
===========================

   Rene L. Cruz, UCSD
   Giovanni Pacifici, IBM Research