Subject: Announcement: Special Issue on Internet Performance Modelling

From: Christoph Lindemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:36:27 +0100

Performance Evaluation journal, Vol. 42, Issue 2-3, 29 September 2000.

The articles and abstracts are available online at 
www.elsevier.com/locate/peva

Table of contents:
------------------

Christoph Lindemann and Martin Reiser,
Editorial: Internet performance modelling

Mark Crovella, Christoph Lindemann and Martin Reiser
Internet performance modeling: the state of the art at the turn of the century

M. Ajmone Marsan, C. Casetti, R. Gaeta and M. Meo
Performance analysis of TCP connections sharing a congested Internet link

Eitan Altman, Konstantin Avrachenkov and Chadi Barakat
TCP in presence of bursty losses

Joachim Charzinski
HTTP/TCP connection and flow characteristics

Derek L. Eager, Michael C. Ferris and Mary K. Vernon
Optimized caching in systems with heterogeneous client populations
                                                                                                 Anirban 
Mahanti, Derek Eager and Carey Williamson
Temporal locality and its impact on Web proxy cache performance

Natalia M. Markovitch and Udo R. Krieger
Nonparametric estimation of long-tailed density functions and its application
to the analysis of World Wide Web traffic

Daniel A. Menascé, Virgilio A.F. Almeida, Rodrigo Fonseca and Marco A. Mendes
Business-oriented resource management policies for e-commerce servers
______________________________________________________________________
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Lindemann
Universität Dortmund
Informatik IV                                Tel: (+49231) 755-2410
-Rechnersysteme und Leistungsbewertung-      Fax: (+49231) 755-2417
August-Schmidt-Str. 12                    E-mail: [email-masked]
44227 Dortmund, Germany
WWW: http://www4.cs.uni-dortmund.de/~Lindemann/
_______________________________________________________________________

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:36:17 -0800

FYI: The WREC wg charter change will not be possible to do before the 
meeting in San Diego. You will because of this see a slot as WREC, 
and not WEBI.

This because the IESG has made the decision that formally WREC will 
be killed, and WEBI will be created as a new wg. I.e. the changes are 
so large, and we want a complete restart.

     Patrik Faltstrom
     Co-Area Director, Applications Area