Subject: Re: BOF scheduling

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:00:25 -0800

At 15.49 -0700 00-11-09, Hilarie Orman wrote:
>Has me worried too, but CDNP has different Area Directors than the
>others, and those AD's are taking a less aggressive approach to
>putting approved things into actual agenda spots.

Different Area Directors?

BOF's end up on the agenda as soon as:

  1 People have sent requests to [email-masked] and responsible AD
  2 AD has said ok to the BOF
  3 Agenda people have managed to sync (1) and (2) above

The IETF conference is one week long. From monday morning to friday 
lunch. The idea with having all wg's the same week is that people 
working normally with one topic _SHOULD_ participate in other 
meetings aswell. For example, people interested in what happens in 
the area of these mailing lists probably should look very closely 
what happens in the space of the IDN working group, aswell as CNRP 
and other URI/HTTP related wg's.

Saying "I only want to be there for my meeting and then go home, so 
please let me know exactly when the meeting will be" is not an 
argument which works.

    Patrik Faltstrom
    Co-Area Director, Applications Area

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:11:33 -0800

At 15.00 -0800 00-11-09, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>meetings aswell.

And, if it is the case that you have an hour or a day or so when 
there is no interesting meeting, I am sure (based on the discussion 
on these mailing lists) that you together can find some corner in the 
hotel and discuss more things face 2 face which you don't have time 
to talk about during the meeting itself.

   paf