Subject: Intra vs Inter CDN

From: "Maciocco, Christian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 19:21:53 -0800

Sorry, I'm new to these lists and haven't read the minutes (yet).

As per the paragraph below it looks like intra CDN issues will be dealt
within WEBI while inter CDN ones will be dealt by CDNP. I think a lot of
these elements (redirection, distribution, ...) will be a subset or have a
lot in common between inter or intra CDN. Is there a desire to combine both
inter and intra issues into the same group? (Beside having the same people
follow both group).

Thanks
Christian

>  Content Distribution Network Peering (CDNP) defines a model and
mechanisms
>  for the interconnection and cooperation of networks for content-related
>  tasks: direction (directing requests for content), distribution (moving
>  content out to surrogates) and accounting (tracking the delivery of
content
>  from surrogates).  A single network may have its own mechanisms for these
>  tasks, and WEBI may define or standardize elements of those mechanisms.
CDNP
>  focuses on the interactions required for direction, distribution, and
>  accounting between two or more networks with different administrations,
>  where the networks are potentially using different local mechanisms for