Subject: 15th Annual International Higher Education Conference to be held at Brasenose College, University of Oxford

From: "International Symposium on Higher Education to be held at Brasenose College, Oxford University" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 11:46:38 -0700

We would like to invite you to attend the 15th Annual International Conference on Higher Education during the dates of March 17 – March 21, 2013 at Brasenose College in the University of Oxford, Oxford, England. Brasenose College is one of the thirty-eight colleges that form the University of Oxford and was founded in 1509. We are pleased to invite you to become a member of this Round Table. Membership is limited to approximately thirty-five (35) interdisciplinary scholars who have a particular interest in this subject.  We have been hosting programs in Oxford since 1989.

Alternatively, we are also hosting a few other sessions in 2013 that may be of interest to you instead:

March 10 – 14, 2013 – Childhood Education and Literature

March 17 – 21, 2013 – Women and Education

July 28 – Aug 1, 2013 – Critical Public Issues

July 28 – Aug 1, 2013 – Religion

Aug 4 – 8, 2013 – Health, Aging and Nutrition

Aug 4 – 8, 2013 – General Education

You are invited and encouraged to make a presentation and to provide a paper on a relevant aspect of the topic, however your participation as a member of the Round Table is not contingent thereon and you can serve on a panel or as a discussion leader.  Papers presented at the Round Table may be subsequently submitted for publication in the Forum, a journal of the Oxford Round Table. Papers considered for publication in the Forum are evaluated by peer reviewers as to technical and substantive quality and for potential to make a significant contribution to new knowledge in the field. 

Should you accept this invitation you will be joined on the programme by Dr Richard Margrave is a senior policy and communications professional with direct experience of journalism, the legislative and political environment and the formulation of national and international policy.  He has worked directly for a number of politicians in the UK and European Parliament, including the Rt Hon Jack Straw MP, former Home Secretary, Foreign Secretary and Justice Secretary under Prime Ministers Rt Hon Tony Blair and Rt Hon Gordon Brown.  Dr Margrave received his BSc(Econ) from University College, London and his PhD in Economics from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He is a Member of the National Union of Journalists, the Chartered Institute of Public Relations in the UK and the Royal Commonwealth Society.

Topics of Interest will include:

University Leadership and Administration

·          Reform Initiatives in Education

·          Performance Standards

·          Accountability

·          Outreach and New Technologies

·          Social Networking

·          Globalization of Academic Talent

·          Continuing Education

·          Rising Costs and Declining Quality

·          Ensuring Access and Equity

·          Balancing the Costs

·          College and University Rankings

·          For-Profit Universities

Development

·          Responses to the Great Recession

·          Coordinating Programs

·          Assuring Progress in Annual Giving

·          Stimulating Corporate Connections

·          Sustaining Alumni Interest

·          Programs for Major Initiatives

·          Tactics for a Capital Campaign

Student Affairs

·          Student Debt Advisement

·          Career Planning

·          Residential Life: The Oxford Model

·          Graduation Rates in Measuring Quality

·          Strategies to Enhance Freshman Success

·          Redesign of Extracurricular Activities

·          Reducing the Stress of Financial Aid

·          Collaboration of Academic Affairs and Student Affairs

Human Resources

·          Employee Retention

·          Recruitment and Hiring

·          Employee Relations

·          Personnel Policies

·          Collective Bargaining

·          Employment Discrimination

·          Diversity in the Workplace

·          Health Care and Employment

Members of the Oxford Round Table have access to an array of academic, cultural and social resources, including the Oxford Union Debating Society, colleges and halls of Oxford dating back to 1204, museums, theatres, bookstores, college chapels, river boating, literary pubs, political clubs and may, on recommendation, become official readers of the venerable Bodleian Library of the University, founded by Duke Humphrey circa 1440 and refounded by Sir Thomas Bodley 1602. A free afternoon and evening will be available on Tuesday for independent travel to London (one hour south of Oxford), Stratford-upon-Avon, Bath, Stonehenge, Salisbury, Cambridge or many of the other cultural sights in England.

The conference will run from Sunday night through Thursday morning.  We will have reception and dinners in the Olde Dining Hall on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday nights where the Oxford professors and students dine when university is in session.  Lunches are provided on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday along with tea/coffee/biscuit breaks during the meeting.  You can also reserve a room in the Oxford University dormitory at Brasenose College where students stay during term time.  More detailed information concerning the schedule of events and the registration fee can be found on our web site. 

In order to ensure that you are registered in a timely and accurate manner, we recommend that you register on our website at www.oxfordroundtable.co.uk. Should you be unable to attend, we would welcome your nomination of a colleague to attend in your place. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,

Dr. Richard Margrave, D.Phil

Please direct all inquiries to:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coordinator

Oxford Round Table

6216 East Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 230

Long Beach, California 90803

Tel:         866-ORT-3411

Fax:        866-244-8833

E-mail:        [email-masked]

Web Site:    www.oxfordroundtable.co.uk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------