Subject: [XCON] Floor Control: local m-line as a resource.

From: orit at radvision.com (Orit Levin)
Date: Tue Jul 22 11:40:40 2003

Floor is a group of shared resources.

As such, intuitively I understand that a floor can be, for example, all the
video resources in a conference: video streams, video mixers, video
switchers, etc.

Or a floor can be a specific audio mixer in a conference responsible for
mixing n specific user voice streams (out of total m users).

I don't understand how a media stream defined by an SDP m-line and flowing
between the user and the focus/mixer is a shared resource in a conference?
(Moreover, in most cases, an m-line defines a bidirectional stream. Media
streams in different directions have very different impact on possible
floors.)

In the bottom line, it seems to me that the shared resources (that would
make up a floor) are the conference resources (such as mixers, a shared
cursor) or a remote resources (such as a stream between a remote user and a
mixer or even a remote camera accessible by many participants) - not the
user's own media streams that are visible through its own SDP.

Thoughts?
Orit.