Subject: [XCON] Charter

From: Peter.Kozdon at icn.siemens.com (Kozdon, Peter)
Date: Wed Jul 16 16:54:30 2003

Can someone please help me understand why Voting is excluded from the scope
of XCON. 

 I can understand why the actual vote counting, aggregation, etc.. should be
left to the implementation, however, the capability to make a vote should be
provided. This capability should be included in Conference Control in the
same manner as "raise hand" to get attention, slow down instruction to the
presenter, and similar actions.

Thanks

Peter Kozdon

---

From: AVSHALOM at il.ibm.com (Avshalom Houri)
Date: Thu Jul 17 03:04:35 2003

I agree that voting should be added. It is not complex as the other issues 
and seems to be a thing that should
designed from the beginning.
In other words I am not sure that it is a layer that can be added later 
easily. Another point for voting is that it will
certainly have some requirements on the presence protocols that will be 
used for the controlling the conference.

Avshalom

"Kozdon, Peter" <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
17/07/2003 12:50 AM

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
[XCON] Charter

 Can someone please help me understand why Voting is excluded from the 
scope
of XCON. 

 I can understand why the actual vote counting, aggregation, etc.. should 
be
left to the implementation, however, the capability to make a vote should 
be
provided. This capability should be included in Conference Control in the
same manner as "raise hand" to get attention, slow down instruction to the
presenter, and similar actions.

Thanks

Peter Kozdon
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.softarmor.com/mailman/listinfo/xcon