Subject: [XCON] 3GPP Requirements on CPCP

From: aroychow at hss.hns.com ([email-masked])
Date: Thu Jul 10 08:17:13 2003

Inline, ARC>

2) that CPCP makes use of a protocol that is already used in 
state-of-the-art wireless devices. As SIP is not an option here, we very 
much favour HTTP, as this is implemented in every new mobile phone model.

ARC> I am unclear on this point. My understanding was that till now the 
protocol that would envelope CPCP is still undecided. Was it decided
recently that SIP is not an option ? My personal preference was to keep a 
single protocol - but I was under the impression this was not yet debated 
over. Would you please clarify ?

regds
arjun

--
Arjun Roychowdhury @ Hughes Software Systems
11717 Exploration Lane, Germantown MD 20876
(O): 301 212 7860

---

From: alan.johnston at mci.com (Alan Johnston)
Date: Thu Jul 10 08:47:02 2003

Hi Arjun,

 From the proposed charter is this sentence "[None of the protocols defined 
by this group will be SIP or require SIP extensions.]"  The actual protocol 
has not been decided, but ones discussed include XCAP, SOAP, and XML-RPC.

Some of the functionality of CPCP can be done using SIP (see the SIPPING 
conferencing documents http://ee.wustl.edu/~alan/sip-conf) but the advanced 
functionality being developed for XCON is not suitable to be implemented 
using SIP.

Thanks,
Alan Johnston
MCI

At 08:11 AM 7/10/2003 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
>_______________________________________________
>XCON mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://www.softarmor.com/mailman/listinfo/xcon