Subject: [XCON] Comments on draft-ietf-xcon-framework-01.txt

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:22:53 +0300

Hi,
I read the document and find in good shape that will enable to finish
the open issues.
My comments are more on editorial so I will have them as a one list. If
any of them will need to be discussed, I can create a separate email.

1. In the document you are using in some places call control signaling
and in others call signaling. 

      My suggestion is to use call signaling.

2. In figure 1 there is call control client - suggest call signaling
client.

3. In figure 1 suggest changing conference control client to conference
and media control client.

4. In section 4.1 "The basic common conference information can be
represented using the

   conference-info-type schema as defined in" should be "conference-info
type"

5. In section 4.1, I suggest to add to the conference common information
also the media semantics and refer to
draft-hautakorpi-mmusic-sdp-media-content-01.

6.  Section 5.1 discuss the conference identifier and claims that the
factory creates it. Using a factory is only one method to create the
conference URI.

7. In section 5.2 you have "each of them accessible by a Call Control
protocol" what is call control protocol

8. Section 5.4 present the conference user identifier. There should be
an association between this identifier and the user element in the event
package so that the users in the conference can be identified in the
notifications. Maybe you can explain how the user identifier is created
in the example in 6.2 and explain the connection to the user element in
the event package.

9.  In section 6.4 you describe manipulation within a series range of
conferences. You describe that a new iCAL arrives which changes in only
part of the occurrence. Creating a clone defines the new occurrences but
what about the original reservation that has the original times, how do
you prevent them from being scheduled. You need to either change the
iCAL information for the original reservation or to have just the iCAL
linked, using a linked list, to the conference identifier without
cloning and let the system calculate the right time. 

10. Section 8.3 discuss sidebar is it possible to have a participant in
audio sidebar and see the presentation from the main conference. Does
this fall under the mechanism where the sidebar gets a main conference
media stream, suggest to mention that a sidebar may have own media mixes
and main conference media for other media streams.

Typos:

In section 6:  capabilites

In section 8.1 it should be figure 10 instead of figure 11.

In section 10: specificiations

Roni Even

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon