Subject: [XCON] Membership Manipulation: Need for Discussion

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:28:21 -0500

[as chair]

In Paris, one of the clearly identified issues that needs to be closed 
before we can make significant progress was settling on a protocol for 
conference membership manipulation (and related operations).

With Rohan withdrawing CPCP and Henning withdrawing Netconf as 
proposals, we are left with three proposals on the table:

    * CCCP (draft-levin-xcon-cccp-02)
    * CSCP (draft-jennings-xcon-cscp-01)
    * "Something SOAP Based" (no draft proposal)

I would urge proponents of a SOAP-based proposal to create a draft 
discussing their approach as quickly as possible, since comparisons of 
approaches are otherwise very difficult.

It would benefit the group greatly if we now had some discussion around 
these various protocols; this email is intended as a call for 
participation in that discussion. Any work that participants feel would 
be useful in helping with this decision -- such as strawman data models 
-- would also be welcome.

/a

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:14:34 +0200

I would like to re propose CPCP. It is myself and Aki that are the 
authors. I dont think its fair that someone else's withdrawal is 
appropriate.

Thanks,
Hisham

On Aug 9, 2005, at 12:28 AM, Adam Roach wrote:

> It would benefit the group greatly if we now had some discussion 
> around these various protocols; this email is intended as a call for 
> participation in that discussion. Any work that participants feel 
> would be useful in helping with this decision -- such as strawman data 
> models -- would also be welcome.
>
> /a
>