Subject: RE: [XCON] Talking Points

From: "Oscar Novo \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:07:44 +0100

I would like to remind you that the CSCP is an extension of the BFCP.
So, CSCP can re-used some operations already defined in BFCP, for
instance, the "Hello" operation defined in the BFCP that checks the
liveness of the focus.

As well, I would like to remind you that the CSCP is following the same
general protocol requirements that the Floor Control Protocol defined in
RFC 4376. For instance, REQ-GEN-1:

"Bandwidth and terminal limitations SHOULD be taken into account in
order to ensure that floor control can be efficiently used in mobile
environments."  

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Olson [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 21. maaliskuuta 2006 17:33
To: Adam Roach; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [XCON] Talking Points

The CCCP ping is a liveness check similar to the ill-fated SIP PING
discussions. It specifically checks for application-level liveness of
the conference state at the Focus. There are some interesting failover
cases that could benefit from this  --- there may also be much better or
simpler solutions. I'm fine with cutting this from the initial list of
operations.

The CCCP cancel command is similar to a SIP CANCEL which we thought
might be useful to terminate long commands (addUser for example). In
retrospect, we might want to cut this operation for now until we have a
better handle on the other operations.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Roach [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 3:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [XCON] Talking Points

As clarification, what I posted was a straight union of the operations
from all four proposals, not what I thought was a good set of
operations. This isn't likely to make sense without some paring.
However, at least *some* one thought that each of the operations was a
good idea.

Brian Rosen wrote:

>    * Add/Modify/Delete/Get XML element Set/Get(one of my list of
>nouns)
>    * Set/Get/Delete XML attribute
>Dunno what you mean
>  
>
Consider the construct:
  <foo bar="baz" />

In XML, "foo" is the element, and "bar" is an attribute of that element.

See the CSCP draft for more information.

>    * Cancel
>Cancel what?

See the CCCP draft for more information.

>    * Ping
>Ping on the conf control channel?  Some no-op
>  
>

See the CCCP draft for more information.

>    * Options
>Dunno what you mean

See the COMP draft for more information.

/a

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon