Subject: [XCON] New version of the data model draft

From: "Oscar Novo \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:36:00 +0100

Hello,

Yesterday, we submit the version 01 of the "A Common Conference
Information Data Model for Centralized Conferencing" draft before the
cutoff. Until it appears in the archives, you can fetch it from:

http://users.piuha.net/gonzalo/temp/draft-novo-xcon-common-data-model-01
.txt

Here's an overall summary of the changes:

- New section Template (3.10.) explaining how to hook the templates in
the data model.
- Definition of new elements for the PSTN and H.323 protocols. 
- Additional elements added (<notify-end-of-conference>,
<allowed-extend-mixing-end-offset>, <conference-stage>, etc...)
- Modification of the handling of times in the data model. Now, it uses
the RFC2445 iCal objects to talk about times and recurrence.
- Added the XML schema of the document. Note that this XML schema is NOT
validate yet. We will release a new version with the full validation of
the XML schema later.

Regards,

Oscar

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:27:08 -0600

(not as chair)

Oscar Novo (JO/LMF) wrote:

>cutoff.
...

>the RFC2445 iCal objects to talk about times and recurrence.

Thanks; this looks much better. One comment: indicating 
<mixing-start-offset>, <mixing-end-offset>, and the other offsets as 
absolute times doesn't appear to make much sense. If you have a <base> 
time object indicating a recurrence, but the various <...-offset> 
objects indicating absolute times, it's a bit difficult to apply the 
offsets to later occurrences of the conference.

I would instead propose expressing such offsets as (e.g.) signed 
integers representing seconds before/after the DTSTART field (for 
<mixing-start-offset>, <can-join-after-offset> and 
<must-join-before-offset>) and seconds before/after the DTEND field (for 
<mixing-end-offset>).

So, the example in the document would become:

        <conference-time>
         <entry>
          <base>
              BEGIN:VCALENDAR
              PRODID:-//LlamaSpinner Inc.//NONSGML CamelCall//EN
              VERSION:2.0
              BEGIN:VEVENT
              DTSTAMP:20051103T140728Z
              UID:carol at example.com
              ORGANIZER:MAILTO:carol at example.com
              DTSTART:20061017T143000Z
              RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY
              DTEND:20061017T163000Z
          </base>
          <mixing-start-offset required-participant="moderator">
          -15</mixing-start-offset>
          <mixing-end-offset required-participant="participant">
          60</mixing-end-offset>
          <must-join-before-offset>600</must-join-before-offset>
         </entry>
        </conference-time>

...which means that mixing starts 15 seconds before the start time and 
ends 60 seconds after the end time. It also means that participants must 
join within the first 10 minutes (600 seconds) of the conference.

/a