Subject: [XCON] Changes to -04 version of XCON Framework

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:09:29 -0500

Hi all, 

Just in case you missed the announcement, there is an updated version of
the framework available:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-framework-04.txt

The following summarizes the changes based on Sean Olson's comments at
IETF-65 and Dave Morgan's detailed review prior.  The changes are also
summarized towards the end of the document. 

1. Various editorial nits and clarifications.

2. In section 4 (Terminology), for the definition of "Conference
Template", removed the text "and/or user interface abstractions" 

3. In section 5.2 (Conferencing Template), first paragraph, removed the
text "and to
   allow for easy user interface abstraction"

4. Section 5.2, removed the fourth paragraph:

   A conference template can also include an abstract user interface
   definition in terms of sliders, radio boxes, etc. for simplifying
   user interaction with a specific non-trivial feature.

5.  Expanded examples in section 9.6 (Conference Announcements and
Recordings)

6.  Added two new sections 9.7 (DTMF) and 9.8 (Observing a Conference),
with some initial text. 

Feedback would primarily be useful on the new sections, as I think there
has been sufficient detailed review of the other sections.  Once the WG
decides the protocol direction, some content can be removed and other
content modified.  There are still appendices defining the identifiers -
we'll need to pull that information into separate docs at some point. 

Regards,
Mary

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon