Subject: [XCON] XCON Pre-meeting Editing Session in Montreal

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:04:19 -0500

After much consideration of the current state of the working group, the 
chairs have determined that the best way to move forward is to obtain 
some form of consensus on a carefully reviewed data model. Discussion on 
protocol design is suspended and will resume once the data model has 
completed working group last call.

Additionally, at this point, we are attempting to keep the XCON model as 
simple as possible; prior efforts to include various kitchen sinks in 
the model have caused the process to stall.

In an effort to have the best chance of making productive use of our 
meeting time in Montreal, we propose a editing session on Sunday, July 
9th, starting at Noon. This editing session will focus on the data model.

We will use the scenarios document [1] and the current data model 
document [2] as input. As output, we intend to produce an internet-draft 
-- a -01 version of the data model document -- that can be discussed at 
the XCON meeting later in the week. Participants will be expected to 
write significant quantities of text, and should already be familiar 
with the framework [3] and existing data model. Please do not plan to 
show up if you haven't done the research necessary to participate.

The plan is to:

    * Using only the information in the scenarios document, determine
      the minimum set of information that the data model must contain.
      Data that is not directly motivated by the scenarios document will
      not be considered for inclusion.

    * After isolating such elements, propose a potential structure for
      the data that makes sense.

    * Craft concrete text that describes how templates interact with the
      data model. This text may end up in the data model document, as
      amendments to the framework document, or split between the two.

If you intend to participate:

   1. Inform the chairs via e-mail. This is the only way to find out
      where the meeting will be.

   2. Prior to getting off the plane in Montreal, you must have created
      your own list (in no particular order) of what you believe a
      minimum set of data is for the data model. Any data in your list
      must relate to one or more specific scenarios in the scenarios
      document.

/a

[1] 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-conference-scenarios-05.txt
[2] 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-00.txt
[3] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-framework-03.txt

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon