Subject: [XCON] data-model-03 comments - non-runtime data

From: "Braudes, Robert \(Bob\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:12:19 -0500

When reviewing the draft, I have a concern that the current data model
is focused on the runtime aspects of conferencing, and doesn't include
data needed for provisioning new users, accessing CDRs/IPDRs, scheduling
one-time and recurring conferences, managing blueprints, or other pre-
and post-conference activities.  Before making suggested changes to the
document, I would like to hear from others as I am anticipating
proposing a fairly large number of additions to the model.
 
Thanks,
 
Bob
 
Bob Braudes | Consulting Member of the Technical Staff | Conferencing
and Collaboration | 
Avaya | 150 Apollo Drive | Chelmsford, MA 01824 | W: +1 978 677 5031 M:
+1 978 973 5199 | [email-masked]
 
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:06:22 +0200

Hi Bob,

the data model will contain the elements needed by most basic 
conferences. That is, the data model intends to be the maximum common 
denominator of all conferences, plus maybe a few additions of elements 
used by many conferences (but not necessarily by all).

Therefore, what we need to discuss is whether the stuff you have in mind 
belongs to the data model itself or to an extension.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

Braudes, Robert (Bob) wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:48:02 +0200

Hi,
I think that some of the items are covered. Also note that the data model is inline with the framework draft and the scenarios (RFC 4597) 
For scheduling we have iCAL component.
New users for the conference can be defined by adding them to the list of participants.
The conference object exists before the conference starts, during the conference tile and can be saved by the conferencing server as part of a CDR.

I am not sure what you mean by missing elements

Roni Even 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gonzalo Camarillo [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 8:06 AM
> To: Braudes, Robert (Bob)
> Cc: XCON-IETF
> Subject: Re: [XCON] data-model-03 comments - non-runtime data
> 
> Hi Bob,
>