Subject: [XCON] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-xcon-framework-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 16:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for Centralized Conferencing
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-xcon-framework-09.txt
	Pages		: 63
	Date		: 2007-8-6
	
This document defines the framework for Centralized Conferencing.
   The framework allows participants using various call signaling
   protocols, such as SIP, H.323, Jabber, Q.931 or ISUP, to exchange
   media in a centralized unicast conference.  The Centralized
   Conferencing Framework defines logical entities and naming

   conventions, along with a high level conferencing data model.  The
   framework also outlines a set of conferencing protocols, which are
   complementary to the call signaling protocols, for building advanced
   conferencing applications.  The framework binds all the defined
   components together for the benefit of builders of conferencing
   systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-framework-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-xcon-framework-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-framework-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: tang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:08:57 +0800

Hi ,Mary,Chris and Orit

In my understanding,  resources on media server are reserved when creates the reserved conferences, but not allocated.
The resources are allocated at the scheduled start time. 
It will cause a huge waste of resources if allocation takes place when booking the reserved conference.
        
      But in section 6.3, the related description is:

     The selected blueprint with its default values is cloned by the
     client into a newly created conference object, referred to as a
     conference reservation, that specifies the resources needed from the
     system for this conference instance.  At this point the conference
     reservation becomes independent from its blueprint.  The client can
     also change the default values, within the system ranges, and add
     additional information, such as the list of participants and the
     conference start time, to the conference reservation.
     
     At this point the client can ask the conference server to create new
     conference reservations by attaching the conference reservation to
     the request.  As a result, the server can allocate the needed
     resources, create the additional conference objects for the child
     conference reservations and allocate the conference object
     identifiers for all - the original conference reservation and for
     each child conference reservation.
     .....

If my understanding is correct, just resources on focus like conference identifier are allotaed when booking.
If so, more clear description of resource management is poposed to be given.

Thanks for your patience and regards,
 
Tang Tingfang (Tagna)
Huawei Technologies
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
tel: +8610 59722012
******************************************************************************************
This email and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address
is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any
way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure,
reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!
******************************************************************************************
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [email-masked] 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Cc: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 4:15 AM
  Subject: [XCON] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-xcon-framework-09.txt

  Send a message to:
  [email-masked].
  In the body type:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:48:39 +0100

Hi ,Mary,Chris and Orit

In my understanding,  resources on media server are reserved when
creates the reserved conferences, but not allocated.

[Chris Boulton] Media Sever resources and the decision on when and how
to reserve them is way out of scope of this document and Work Group.

It will cause a huge waste of resources if allocation takes place when
booking the reserved conference.

[Chris Boulton] Agreed - and this really is an implementation decision.

     conference reservation, that specifies the resources needed from
the

[Chris Boulton] 'specifies the resources needed' not that they are
actually reserved - this is again implementation specific.

     At this point the client can ask the conference server to create
new

[Chris Boulton] 'The server CAN allocate the needed resources' NOT 'The
server MUST/WILL allocated the needed resources'. 

If my understanding is correct, just resources on focus like conference
identifier are allotaed when booking.

If so, more clear description of resource management is poposed to be
given.

 

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email. Ubiquity Software Corporation plc, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, Registration 2719723, registered offices at Eastern Business Park, Building 3, Wern Fawr Lane, St. Mellons, Cardiff CF3 5EA, Wales, United Kingdom.

---

From: tang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:12:18 +0800

OK Chris. I can't find anything to argue with in your response.

Thanks for you patience and regards,

Tang Tingfang (Tagna)
Huawei Technologies
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Chris Boulton 
  To: tang ; [email-masked] 
  Cc: XCON-IETF 
  Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 11:48 PM
  Subject: RE: [XCON] Some Comments on conference reservation.//Re: [XCON] I-DACTION:draft-ietf-xcon-framework-09.txt

  Hi ,Mary,Chris and Orit

  [Chris Boulton] Media Sever resources and the decision on when and how to reserve them is way out of scope of this document and Work Group.

  [Chris Boulton] 'specifies the resources needed' not that they are actually reserved - this is again implementation specific.

  [Chris Boulton] 'The server CAN allocate the needed resources' NOT 'The server MUST/WILL allocated the needed resources'.