Subject: [XCON] XCON Common Data Model/Event Package MIME Type

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:16:48 -0500

[as chair]

As a follow-up to the MIME-type discussions we had in Chicago, I have 
spoken with Ted Hardie (Apps area AD) regarding an appropriate MIME type 
to use for our extended data format. His advice was to choose an 
entirely new MIME type; the deciding factor in doing this (as opposed to 
attempting to, for example, use a versioning mechanism) is the 
transition from schema to relax for the XML schema definition. His 
explanation included the observation that, while it is theoretically 
possible to make a perfect conversion from schema to relax, the chances 
of making a mistake in doing so are not zero; consequently, the 
transition to a new definition syntax makes the use of a new MIME type 
advisable.

Consequently, the chairs recommend that the working group's earlier 
decision -- to use a new MIME type in the revised conference event 
package -- should stand.

/a

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon