Subject: [XCON] I-D Action:draft-ietf-xcon-framework-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Framework for Centralized Conferencing
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xcon-framework-11.txt
	Pages           : 67
	Date            : 2008-04-11

This document defines the framework for Centralized Conferencing.
The framework allows participants using various call signaling
protocols, such as SIP, H.323, Jabber, Q.931 or ISUP, to exchange
media in a centralized unicast conference.  The Centralized
Conferencing Framework defines logical entities and naming
conventions.  The framework also outlines a set of conferencing
protocols, which are complementary to the call signaling protocols,
for building advanced conferencing applications.  The framework binds
all the defined components together for the benefit of builders of
conferencing systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-framework-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:40:48 -0500

Hi all,

This update was to address the DISCUSSes from the Security Ads. Here's a
summary of the changes:
 1) Added normative language in Construct and Identifier section to
   define what must be implemented to support the framework.  In
   addition, specified SIP being the default mandatory to implement call
   signaling protocol to realize the framework (to address
   interoperability concerns).  Thus, added back the RFC 2119 reference.

 2) Clarified security issues around multiple methods for user
   authentication/authorization in security section and how the
   conferencing system manages the mapping to the conference user
   Identifier.

 3) Clarified security for the Conference object identifier and its
   mapping to signaling protocol specific identifiers.

 4) Added additional detail on compatibility with SIPPING
   conferencing.

Also, note that the diff also shows the change from numeric to full text
references.

Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 11:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] I-D Action:draft-ietf-xcon-framework-11.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group
of the IETF.

This document defines the framework for Centralized Conferencing.
The framework allows participants using various call signaling
protocols, such as SIP, H.323, Jabber, Q.931 or ISUP, to exchange media
in a centralized unicast conference.  The Centralized Conferencing
Framework defines logical entities and naming conventions.  The
framework also outlines a set of conferencing protocols, which are
complementary to the call signaling protocols, for building advanced
conferencing applications.  The framework binds all the defined
components together for the benefit of builders of conferencing systems.