Subject: Re: [XCON] Comments about draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 18:53:39 +0100

Hi Yu,

see my answers in-line ([spromano]-prefixed).

> 1 In section 7: A complete example of the CCMP in action
>     Can we have a new example for scenario:
>         Alice tries to mute another user Bob.

[spromano] The mentioned example is contained in the call flows  
document (which we are on the point of submitting in its latest  
version), section 6.4, "Muting a party". I don't know if it is useful  
to replicate it in the CCMP document. What is your opinion about that?

>
> 2 If the conference system consists of general purpose conference room which
> is bound to any user, then how does CCMP work in this situation?
> Specifically, how would CCMP model the scenario: ³room San Jose wants to
> invite room New York to a conference²?

[spromano] CCMP does not envisage the possibility of "natively"  
inviting a conference to another conference. What can be done is for a  
user in a conference to retrieve the list of users in the other  
conference (usersRequest/retrieve) and immediately thereafter issue a  
usersRequest/update message aimed at modifying the allowed users list  
of the first conference (by stating that the newly invited users must  
be contacted in "dial-out" mode).
Alternatively, we might create a sidebar (which would be in all  
respects a clone of the first conference) and invite all users of the  
second conference as participants in it.

Cheers,

Simon

-- 
                             _\\|//_
                             ( O-O )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o00~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     Simon Pietro Romano
               Universita' di Napoli Federico II
                  Computer Science Department
         Phone: +39 081 7683823 -- Fax: +39 081 7684219
                 e-mail: [email-masked]

     <<Molti mi dicono che lo scoraggiamento è l'alibi degli
    idioti. Ci rifletto un istante; e mi scoraggio>>. Magritte.
                          oooO
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(   )~~ Oooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                           \ (    (   )
                            \_)    ) /
                                  (_/