Subject: [xmpp] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-meyer-xmpp-e2e-encryption-02.txt]

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:38:11 -0600

FYI. The SVN diff is here:

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/internet-drafts/draft-meyer-xmpp-e2e-encryption-02.xml?%40diffMode=u&%40diffWrap=s&r1=3279&r2=3290&u=3&ignore=&k=

/psa

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-meyer-xmpp-e2e-encryption-02.txt
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 19:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : XTLS: End-to-End Encryption for the Extensible
Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) Using Transport Layer Security (TLS)
	Author(s)       : D. Meyer, P. Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-meyer-xmpp-e2e-encryption-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2009-06-29

This document specifies "XTLS", a protocol for end-to-end encryption
of Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) traffic.  XTLS
is an application-level usage of Transport Layer Security (TLS) that
is set up using the XMPP Jingle extension for session negotiation and
transported using any streaming transport as the data delivery
mechanism.  Thus XTLS treats the end-to-end exchange of XML stanzas
as a virtual transport and uses TLS to secure that transport,
enabling XMPP entities to communicate in a way that is designed to
ensure the confidentiality and integrity XML stanzas.  The protocol
can be used for secure end-to-end messaging as well as other XMPP
applications, such as file transfer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-meyer-xmpp-e2e-encryption-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/