Subject: [xmpp] requirements docs

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:12:17 -0600

Our charter has the following milestones:

"Decide upon a direction for server-to-server connection reuse."

"Decide upon a direction for end-to-end encryption."

As input to those decisions, IMHO we need requirements documents.
Currently for the first we have:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hildebrand-xmpp-tls-multiplexing

For the second we could repurpose and update XEP-0210:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0210.html

(E.g., http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-meyer-xmpp-e2e-encryption
references XEP-0210.)

If there is interest in the latter, I can convert it from XEP to I-D
format and submit it as an individual submission before it is considered
for acceptance as a WG item.

Peter

- --
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/