Subject: [xmpp] Closing a Stream

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 11:15:51 +0100

A minor nitpick:

4.3:
Where feasible, it is preferable to close a stream only if a
   specific stream error has occurred.

I think that's only true for s2s - there's no reason for a client to
wait for an error before closing their stream.

/K

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 09:09:05 -0600

> wait for an error before closing their stream.

I think it is always true for the server (whether the stream is s2s or
c2s). So I propose:

   Where feasible, it is preferable for a server to close a stream
   only if a specific stream error has occurred.

/psa

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 18:27:33 +0100

> I think it is always true for the server (whether the stream is s2s or

Agreed.

>   only if a specific stream error has occurred.

WFM.

/K