Subject: [xmpp] #52: SASL failure errors

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 01:28:45 -0000

#52: SASL failure errors
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  trivial             |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 6.3.5 states:

 > If the initiating entity exceeds the number of retries, the
 > receiving entity MUST return a stream error (which SHOULD be
 > <policy-violation/> but MAY be <not-authorized/>).

 Ben Campbell commented: "Why the choice?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/52>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 20:57:47 -0000

#52: SASL failure errors
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  trivial             |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Changed "but MAY be <not-authorized/>" to "although some existing
 implementations send <not-authorized/> instead".

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/52#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>