Subject: [xmpp] Routing to remote domains

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 17:49:43 +0100

10.3.  Remote Domain

   If the domainpart of the JID contained in the 'to' attribute does not
   match one of the configured hostnames of the server itself, the
   server SHOULD attempt to route the stanza to the remote domain
   (subject to local service provisioning and security policies
   regarding inter-domain communication, since such communication is
   optional for any given deployment).  There are two possible cases.

I think that implies that stanzas from remote services for remote
services should be routed rather than bounced. I think that should be
clarified.

/K

---

From: Philipp Hancke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 19:22:34 +0200

> services should be routed rather than bounced. I think that should be

Well, 8.1.1.2. already kills the stream when that happens and I would 
expect that the stanza is discarded.

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 18:37:03 +0100

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Philipp Hancke <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Well, 8.1.1.2. already kills the stream when that happens and I would expect
> that the stanza is discarded.

Right, we know multi-hop routing's not the intent, but I think a
reference to 8.1.1.2, or a comment to that effect in 10.3 could
prevent misunderstandings.

/K