Subject: [xmpp] #70: choice of error conditions on receiving restricted XML

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 02:19:12 -0000

#70: choice of error conditions on receiving restricted XML
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 11.1 (XML Restrictions) states:

 > 2.  If an XMPP implementation receives characters matching such
 > features over an XML stream, it MUST return a stream error, which
 > SHOULD be <restricted-xml/> but MAY be <bad-format/>.

 Ben Campbell commented: "Why the choice?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/70>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:00:27 -0000

#70: choice of error conditions on receiving restricted XML
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Changed "but MAY be <bad-format/>" to "although some existing
 implementations send <bad-format/> instead".

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/70#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>