Subject: [xmpp] #75: expiration as a change in the certificate

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 02:45:22 -0000

#75: expiration as a change in the certificate
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 13.7.2.1.1 states in part:

 > the entity MUST verify that the cached certificate was
 > presented and MUST notify the user if the certificate
 > has changed.

 Ben Campbell commented: "Does cert expiration count as change in this
 context?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/75>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 01:39:19 -0000

#75: expiration as a change in the certificate
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  wontfix           
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

Comment:

 Marking as "wontfix" because this issue is (or will be) dealt with draft-
 saintandre-tls-server-id-check, and 3920bis simply needs to reference that
 I-D instead of separately specifying the same behavior.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/75#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>