Subject: [xmpp] #27: error for unsupported namespace prefix

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:07:52 -0000

#27: error for unsupported namespace prefix
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 4.5.1 states:

 > Interoperability Note: For historical reasons, an implementation
 > MAY accept only the 'stream:' prefix for these elements. If an
 > entity receives a stream header with a streams namespace prefix it
 > does not accept, it MUST return a stream error to the sending
 > entity, which SHOULD be <bad-namespace-prefix/> but MAY be
 > <bad-format/>.

 Ben Campbell commented: "Why the choice? When would you want to use the
 second?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/27>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:09:43 -0000

Comment(by stpeter@…):

 Editorial comment: This applies also to the choice in the first paragraph
 of this section, "SHOULD be <invalid-namespace/> but MAY be <bad-
 format/>".

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/27#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 20:58:40 -0000

#27: error for unsupported namespace prefix
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Changed "but MAY be <bad-format/>" to "although some existing
 implementations send <bad-format/> instead".

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/27#comment:2>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>