Subject: [xmpp] #73: client caching of server certificates

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 02:37:47 -0000

#73: client caching of server certificates
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 13.7.2.1.1 states in part:

 > ... if a user permanently accepts a certificate in this
 > way, the client MUST cache the certificate (or some
 > non-forgeable representation such as a hash value) and
 > in future connection attempts behave as in Sub-Case #3.

 Ben Campbell commented: "Should we require a mechanism to allow users to
 revoke trust for such caches certs?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/73>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:41:16 -0600

> #73: client caching of server certificates

Probably, although I think that's more properly a matter to be addressed
in draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 01:38:57 -0000

#73: client caching of server certificates
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  wontfix           
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

Comment:

 Marking as "wontfix" because this issue is (or will be) dealt with draft-
 saintandre-tls-server-id-check, and 3920bis simply needs to reference that
 I-D instead of separately specifying the same behavior.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/73#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>