Subject: [xmpp] #74: user acceptance of non-matching presented identities

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 02:40:09 -0000

#74: user acceptance of non-matching presented identities
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 13.7.2.1.1 states in part:

 > Sub-Case #3:  The server's certificate includes no presented
 > identity that matches the reference identity to which the
 > entity attempted to connect but a human user has permanently
 > accepted the certificate during a previous connection attempt;

 Ben Campbell commented: "This needs to be associated with the identity the
 use was trying to reach when she accepted the cert in the first place,
 right? That is, if some other server offers the same cert, it's not
 automatically accepted, right?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/74>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:42:07 -0600

> #74: user acceptance of non-matching presented identities

Correct. This should be covered in draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check
(but I don't think it is currently, so I'll forward this message to the
[email-masked] list).

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 01:39:08 -0000

#74: user acceptance of non-matching presented identities
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  wontfix           
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

Comment:

 Marking as "wontfix" because this issue is (or will be) dealt with draft-
 saintandre-tls-server-id-check, and 3920bis simply needs to reference that
 I-D instead of separately specifying the same behavior.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/74#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>