Subject: [xmpp] #32: closing TCP connection on stream error

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:30:39 -0000

#32: closing TCP connection on stream error
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 4.6.1.1 states:

 > The entity that generates the stream error then SHOULD immediately
 > terminate the underlying TCP connection, although as explained
 > under Section 4.3  (Closing a Stream) it MAY wait until after it
 > receives a closing </stream> tag from the entity to which it sent
 > the stream error.

 Dave Cridland commented: "Nor do I think there's any good reason why the
 TCP connection SHOULD be immediately closed, although for many cases, this
 is likely behaviour, so it's certainly a MAY, and with good reason (ie,
 the remainder of the stream from the peer may be unparseable due to
 earlier errors)."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/32>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:33:48 -0000

#32: closing TCP connection on stream error
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed by referencing Section 4.3 here (it's best to describe the behavior
 in only one place).

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/32#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>