Subject: [xmpp] #64: specification of extended content

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 02:01:35 -0000

#64: specification of extended content
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Regarding Section 8.4 (Extended Content), Ben Campbell commented: "What
 are the expectations about how one specifies an extension? For example,
 does it require an RFC, a XEP, etc?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/64>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:15:16 -0000

#64: specification of extended content
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Added the following informational note to Section 8.4:

       Informational Note: Although extended namespaces for XMPP are
       commonly defined by the XMPP Standards Foundation (XSF) and by the
       IETF, no specification or IETF standards action is required to
       define extended namespaces, and any individual or organization is
       free define XMPP extensions.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/64#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: Justin Karneges <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:16:17 -0700

>        free define XMPP extensions.

"is free to define"

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 16:33:20 -0600

>>        free define XMPP extensions.

Right, fixed.