Subject: [xmpp] #39: prohibition on TLS renegotiation

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 00:11:57 -0000

#39: prohibition on TLS renegotiation
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Regarding Section 5.2.5, Matthew Wild commented: "is it really desired to
 put a complete ban on any renegotiation?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/39>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 16:25:32 -0600

> #39: prohibition on TLS renegotiation

Based on my conversations with TLS mavens and discussion in the TLS WG
during the interminable threads on the renegotiation vulnerability, I
would say: yes, it really is desired to put a complete ban on any
renegotiation.

Can you make an argument for why TLS renegotiation should be allowed in
XMPP applications?

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:25:53 -0000

#39: prohibition on TLS renegotiation
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  wontfix           
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/39#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>