Subject: [xmpp] #33: connection-timeout error in c2s streams

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:32:27 -0000

#33: connection-timeout error in c2s streams
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 4.6.3.4 states:

 > As explained under Section 4.3.3  (Handling of Idle Streams), it
 > is RECOMMENDED to not return an error when closing an idle stream.

 Matthew Wild commented: "Perhaps sending a stream error on a c2s stream
 /would/ be helpful? (I can see that it is not such a big deal for an idle
 s2s stream to be closed, since it can be easily re-established again in
 either direction)."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/33>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 01:03:18 -0000

#33: connection-timeout error in c2s streams
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  duplicate         
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => duplicate

Comment:

 Duplicate (or close enough) of issue #23.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/33#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>