Subject: [xmpp] #47: SASL as mandatory-to-negotiate

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 00:43:13 -0000

#47: SASL as mandatory-to-negotiate
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 6.2.1 states:

 > The parties to a stream MUST consider SASL as
 > mandatory-to-negotiate.

 Ben Campbell commented: "Does this conflict with the SHOULD include the
 SASL stream feature in the previous section?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/47>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 22:53:41 -0000

#47: SASL as mandatory-to-negotiate
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  invalid           
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => invalid

Comment:

 There is no conflict -- the SHOULD relates to advertising SASL, but if
 SASL is advertised then it is mandatory-to-negotiate.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/47#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>