Subject: [xmpp] #78: error to return when client sends stanzas to too many recipients

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 03:00:01 -0000

#78: error to return when client sends stanzas to too many recipients
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 13.12 (Denial of Service) states in part:

 > 6.  A server implementation SHOULD enable a server
 > administrator to limit the number of XML stanzas that
 > a connected client is allowed to send to distinct
 > recipients within a given time period.  If a connected
 > client sends too many stanzas to distinct recipients
 > in a given time period, the receiving server SHOULD NOT
 > process the stanza and instead SHOULD return an
 > <unexpected-request/> stanza error.

 Matthew Wild commented: "Wouldn't policy-violation or even resource-
 constraint be better here than unexpected-request?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/78>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:01:54 -0600

> #78: error to return when client sends stanzas to too many recipients

I agree that <policy-violation/> is better here.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:02:04 -0000

#78: error to return when client sends stanzas to too many recipients
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Changed to <policy-violation/>.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/78#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>