Subject: [xmpp] #35: structured text in <unsupported-version/> error

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:36:32 -0000

#35: structured text in <unsupported-version/> error
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 4.3.6.25 states:

 > the server MAY specify the version(s) it supports in the <text/>
 > element.

 Matthew Wild commented: "By defining contents and format, this condition
 may break the rule from 4.6.2 that <text> 'MUST NOT be interpreted
 programmatically by an application.'"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/35>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 22:09:25 -0600

> #35: structured text in <unsupported-version/> error

Sadly, yes. I suggest that we remove this text:

   the server MAY specify the version(s) it
   supports in the <text/> element.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 04:11:31 -0000

#35: structured text in <unsupported-version/> error
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Provisionally resolved by removing this text:

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/35#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: Bruce Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:57:38 -0700

>   supports in the <text/> element.

Incidentally, is the XMPP version ('1.0') going to be bumped as a result 
of 3920bis/3921bis ?

-- 
   Bruce.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:47:39 -0600

> Incidentally, is the XMPP version ('1.0') going to be bumped as a result

No.

---

From: "Peter Mount" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:14:43 +0000

Sorry for the top post, replying on my phone ;-)

I think changing the version number would be a bad idea. The underlying schema hasn't changed, its how its being processed that has.

If something major has changed then bumping the version would then be in order, but it hasn't.

Peter

-- 
Peter Mount (from my BlackBerry)

Email: [email-masked]
  Web:  http://retep.org
Phone: +44 (0)7903 155887
 XMPP: [email-masked] (Primary)
 XMPP: [email-masked] (blackberry)

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:47:39 
To: Bruce Campbell<[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [xmpp] XMPP version

_______________________________________________
xmpp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xmpp