Subject: [xmpp] #10: clients should reconnect immediately

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:44:53 -0000

#10: clients should reconnect immediately
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Kevin Smith commented as follows regarding Section 3.4 (Reconnection):

 "Clients should probably reconnect immediately, because unlike s2s, the
 server can't cause a reconnect when it has pending data."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/10>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 01:25:58 -0000

#10: clients should reconnect immediately
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Per list discussion, removed informational note and changed introductory
 text to:

    If an entity chooses to reconnect, the following guidelines are
 RECOMMENDED:

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/10#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>