Subject: [xmpp] #55: returning <not-authorized/> before resource binding

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 01:37:28 -0000

#55: returning <not-authorized/> before resource binding
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 7.1 (which provides an overview of resource binding) states:

 > If, before completing the resource binding step, the client
 > attempts to send an XML stanza to an entity other than the server
 > itself or the client's account, the server MUST NOT process the
 > stanza and MUST either silently ignore the stanza or return a
 > <not-authorized/> stream error to the client.

 Dave Cridland commented: "Can we mandate that the  stream error is used? I
 dislike optional behaviour unless it serves some useful purpose - I don't
 see one here."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/55>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 04:46:54 -0000

#55: returning <not-authorized/> before resource binding
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Resolved by deleting "either silently ignore the stanza or ".

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/55#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>