Subject: [xmpp] #36: when to send stream features

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 01:27:57 -0000

#36: when to send stream features
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 4.2.4 states:

 > After completing negotiation of any stream feature (even stream
 > features that do not necessitate a stream restart), the receiving
 > entity MUST send an updated list of stream features to the
 > initiating entity, where the list MAY be empty if there are no
 > further features to be advertised or MAY include any combination of
 > features.

 Waqas Hussain asks: "Just to clarify, the server MUST send stream features
 after resource bind?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/36>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:48:22 -0600

> #36: when to send stream features

Good point. This is certainly not the behavior of XMPP servers today (or
ever), and I see no good reason to legislate such a change now.
Therefore I have changed the text to:

###

4.2.4.  Resending Features

   The receiving entity MUST send an updated list of stream features to
   the initiating entity after a stream restart, and MAY do so after
   completing negotiation of a stream feature that does not require a
   stream restart.  The list of updated features MAY be empty if there
   are no further features to be advertised or MAY include any
   combination of features.

###

/psa

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:49:51 -0000

#36: when to send stream features
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Provisionally resolved with this text as Section 4.2.4:

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/36#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>