Subject: [xmpp] #46: sending stream features after TLS negotiation

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 00:41:11 -0000

#46: sending stream features after TLS negotiation
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  trivial             |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 5.3.3.3 (TLS Success) states:

 > 5.  The receiving entity also MUST send stream features to the
 > initiating entity, which MUST NOT include the STARTTLS feature
 > but which SHOULD include the SASL stream feature as described
 > under Section 6.

 Dave Cridland commented: "Point (5) does, technically, depend still on
 whether the version attribute was included in the stream header."

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/46>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:53:57 -0600

> #46: sending stream features after TLS negotiation

Naturally. I just got tired of typing "If the initiating entity included
the 'version' attribute set to a value of at least "1.0" in the initial
stream header..." for every statement in the specification, given that
we *are* defining XMPP 1.0 here. ;-)

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:04:52 -0600

On 6/23/10 2:56 PM, Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Wed Jun 23 21:53:57 2010, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Ah...
> And interestingly, this point cannot be reached by a non-1.0 initiator,
> so indeed the receiving entitiy MUST always send stream features.
> 
> Sorry, bogus comment, there.

Right. I'm marking as resolution: => invalid

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:04:58 -0000

#46: sending stream features after TLS negotiation
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  trivial             |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  invalid           
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => invalid

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/46#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:56:13 +0100

Ah...

And interestingly, this point cannot be reached by a non-1.0  
initiator, so indeed the receiving entitiy MUST always send stream  
features.

Dave.