Subject: [xmpp] #58: server 'from' address in virtual hosting environments

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 01:45:47 -0000

#58: server 'from' address in virtual hosting environments
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |       Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |     Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Section 8.1.2.1 (Client-to-Server Streams) states:

 > 4.  When the server generates a stanza from the server itself for
 > delivery to the client, the stanza MUST include a 'from'
 > attribute whose value is the bare JID (i.e., <domain>) of the
 > server.

 Ben Campbell commented: "Any guidance for what domain to use if the server
 supports multiple domains?"

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/58>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>

---

From: "xmpp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 04:58:37 -0000

#58: server 'from' address in virtual hosting environments
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  stpeter@…           |        Owner:  stpeter@…         
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:                    
Component:  3920bis             |      Version:                    
 Severity:  In WG Last Call     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by stpeter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Provisionally resolved with these text changes:

    3.  When the server generates a stanza from the server itself for
        delivery to the client, the stanza MUST include a 'from'
        attribute whose value is the bare JID (i.e., <domain>) of the
        server as agreed upon during stream negotiation (e.g., based on
        the 'to' attribute of the initial stream header).

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/trac/ticket/58#comment:1>
xmpp <http://tools.ietf.org/xmpp/>