Subject: [xmpp] TLS failure.

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 17:26:46 +0100

5.3.3.2.  TLS Failure

   If the TLS negotiation results in failure, the receiving entity MUST
   terminate the TCP connection.

   The receiving entity MUST NOT send a closing </stream> tag before
   terminating the TCP connection, since the receiving entity and
   initiating entity MUST consider the original stream to be replaced
   upon failure of the TLS negotiation.

In the 9.1.1 example, we then have

   Step 5 (alt): Server informs client that STARTTLS negotiation has
   failed and closes both XML stream and TCP connection:

   S: <failure xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls'/>

   S: </stream:stream>

Is that right?

/K

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 17:29:02 +0100

>   S: <failure xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls'/>

Yes, I see that it is, because it's a STARTTLS negotiation failure,
not a TLS negotiation failure.
Please ignore the noise.

/K