Subject: [xmpp] bis draft status update

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 08:36:19 -0700

Overnight, both 3920bis and xmpp-address were approved for publication
(the Secretariat will probably post about that sometime today). Hurray!

These documents will now be forwarded to the RFC Editor team for final
copy editing, proofreading, reference checking, etc.

Both 3921bis and draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check (a normative
reference for 3920bis) are on the agenda of the IESG telechat to be held
next Thursday, January 20.

I expect fewer comments from IESG members about 3921bis than we received
about 3920bis, because in general I've always received less feedback on
the IM and presence document than on the core document. When replying to
comments from the IESG, I will make sure to cc this list.

I'm not sure what to expect regarding the server-id-check document, but
anyway I won't be cc'ing the XMPP WG when replying to comments about
that spec (subscribe to the [email-masked] list if you want to stay in
the loop -- visit <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/certid> to do so).

Onward and upward!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Nicolas Vérité <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:46:24 +0100

Diffs are quite large... it would be nice to document what's changed,
and what's the migration path for implementors...

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 16:36, Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xmpp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xmpp
>
>

-- 
Nicolas Vérité - ProcessOne
http://process-one.net
Mobile: +33 6 20 88 63 04

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:04:42 -0700

The diffs from RFC 3920 are listed in Appendix D of 3920bis:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis-22#appendix-D