Subject: [xmpp] another e2e approach

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:36:49 -0600

Of interest regarding end-to-end encryption....

https://silentcircle.com/web/scimp-protocol/

Peter

- -- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 17:06:34 +0000

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>

As a non-crypto expert, there's chunks of this I don't understand. It
repeatedly says it's not vulnerable to MITMs, but I don't see where
the initial leap of faith is protected. Have I missed the critical
step in this (I admit I only scanned the paper, so could very easily
have missed the crucial bits)?

/K

---

From: Matthew Wild <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:15:31 +0000

> have missed the crucial bits)?

It uses Short Authentication Strings, page 11 of the paper.

Regards,
Matthew

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:19:01 +0000

> It uses Short Authentication Strings, page 11 of the paper.

Gah, how did I miss that? Thanks.

/K