Subject: [xmpp] Fwd: [Uta] Protocol Action: 'Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) in the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-uta-xmpp-07.txt)

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:28:34 -0600

FYI.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Uta] Protocol Action: 'Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) 
in the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)' to Proposed 
Standard (draft-ietf-uta-xmpp-07.txt)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:19:02 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: uta mailing list <[email-masked]>, uta chair 
<[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) in the Extensible Messaging and
    Presence Protocol (XMPP)'
   (draft-ietf-uta-xmpp-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Using TLS in Applications Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-xmpp/

Technical Summary

    This document provides recommendations for the use of Transport Layer
    Security (TLS) in the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
    (XMPP).  This document updates RFC 6120.

    The document is intended for standards track.

Working Group Summary

   The document extends the UTA TLS BCP to cover XMPP specifics and as
   such is comparatively less controversial but has still seen enough
   review to determine consensus. The document has been last-called in
   both the XMPP and UTA WGs.

   The review has been mostly done by a small circle of interested
   individuals.

Document Quality

   Three are I believe implementations that match this spec.

Personnel

    Shepherd: Leif Johansson
    Irresponsible AD: Stephen Farrell

_______________________________________________
Uta mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/uta

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://andyet.com/