Subject: [xmpp] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-xmpp-dna-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 02:46:16 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-xmpp-dna-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-dna/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Apart from the ".well-known" issue brought up in my comments to
xmpp-posh, I have only one, tiny comment here:

-- Section 1 --

   If such delegation is not done in
   a secure manner, then the domain name association cannot be verified.

Really small point: many people find these sorts of negative-negative
constructions to be confusing, so I suggest this:

NEW
   The domain name association can only be verified when the delegation
   is done in a secure manner.
END

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 17:57:07 -0600

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-dna/

Good point. I agree that such double negatives are the sort of 
construction up with which we shall not put. :-)

Peter