Subject: [xmpp] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-xmpp-posh-04: (with COMMENT)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 12:42:08 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-xmpp-posh-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-posh/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice work on this draft!  I do have a few comments that I'd like to chat
about.

In the examples, could you switch them to have sha-256 as the low mark
instead of sha-1?  sha-1 is only a problem if you need collision
resistance, but since it's just used in examples, it might be easier to
just get rid of it.

In the first paragraph of the Security Considerations section, could you
add a reference to RFC7525 as well?  Otherwise, it looks great.  It
should fit in nicely after the RFC2818 reference. Thanks.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 09:24:55 -0600

Hi Kathleen, thanks for the review.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xmpp-posh/

Good idea.

> should fit in nicely after the RFC2818 reference. Thanks.

+1

Peter