Subject: [xrblock] status of workgroup milestones and drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:57:47 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

I have read draft-wu-xrblock-xr-quality-monitoring-03 and think QoE metrics is one of most important metrics that should be reported. Therefore I like to see it being adopted as WG draft.

This version is a good starting point.

Also I and my colleague are willing to help with some of these XR Block works from previous AVT WG.

BR.

Shunshine.

Shanghai Institute of China Telecom

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <eckelcu at cisco.com>

To: <xrblock at ietf.org>

Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 14:14:42 -0700

List-id: Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's Extended Report Framework working group discussion list <xrblock.ietf.org>

This is meant to serve as both an overall status update to the group as
well as a call to action for individuals to author and/or review
existing drafts.

The following drafts have been adopted as working group drafts, serving
as replacements for the expired drafts adopted previously for the
associated milestone. The announcement e-mails posted to the list
earlier today. Please review and comment on the drafts.

Milestone: Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Packet Delay Variation Metric
Reporting
Expired Draft: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-pdv-03.txt
Newly Approved WG Draft: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-pdv-00

Milestone: Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Measurement Identity
Expired Draft: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-meas-identity-02
Newly Approved WG Draft: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-meas-identity-00

The following individual drafts exist as candidates for existing
milestones. Please review and comment on the these drafts. The review
comments and list discussion will help determine which drafts should be
adopted as working group drafts.

Milestone: Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Run Length Encodings of
Discarded Packets
Individual Draft: draft-ott-xrblock-rtcp-xt-discard-metrics-01

Milestone: Submit RTCP XR Report Block for QoE Metrics Reporting
Individual Draft: draft-wu-xrblock-rtcp-xr-quality-monitoring-03

The following drafts were previously adopted as AVT working group drafts
targeting specific XRBLOCK milestones. Since then, XRBLOCK has split
from AVT, and the drafts have expired. Both Qin Wu and Alan Clark have
expressed interest in seeing these drafts moved forward. Please let the
group know if you are interested in authoring any of these specific
drafts.

Milestone: Mar 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Burst/Gap
Discard metric Reporting
Expired Draft: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-burst-gap-discard-02

Milestone: Mar 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Burst/Gap Loss
metric Reporting
Expired Draft: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-burst-gap-loss-01

Milestone: Jun 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Concealed
Seconds metric Reporting
Expired Draft: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-concsec-02

Milestone: Jun 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Delay metric
Reporting
Expired Draft: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-delay-02

Milestone: Jun 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Discard metric
Reporting
Expired Draft: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-discard-02

Milestone: Sep 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Jitter Buffer
Metric Reporting
Expired Draft: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-jb-02

Milestone: Sep 2011 Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Loss Concealment
metric Reporting
Expired Draft: draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-loss-conceal-02

The following individual drafts are active, but there are not yet
workgroup milestones associated with them. Please review and comment on
the these drafts. The review comments and list discussion will help
determine if new milestones should be added to the workgroup charter.

draft-asaeda-xrblock-rtcp-xr-synchronization-02
draft-huang-xrblock-rtcp-xr-decodability-01
draft-xia-xrblock-rtcp-xr-layered-statistics-01
draft-zorn-xrblock-rtcp-xr-al-stat-02

Cheers,
David and Charles, as WG Chairs