Subject: [xrblock] RFC 7097 on RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) for RLE of Discarded Packets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 06:49:08 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7097

        Title:      RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR)
                    for RLE of Discarded Packets 
        Author:     J. Ott, 
                    V. Singh, Ed.,
                    I. Curcio
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 20581
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-rle-metrics-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7097.txt

The RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) is used in conjunction with the Real-
time Transport Protocol (RTP) in order to provide a variety of short-
term and long-term reception statistics.  The available reporting may
include aggregate information across longer periods of time as well
as individual packet reporting.  This document specifies a per-packet
report metric capturing individual packets discarded from the de-
jitter buffer after successful reception.

This document is a product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCPs Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC