Subject: [xrblock] I-D Action: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 12:40:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Blocks for MOS Metric Reporting
        Authors         : Alan Clark
                          Qin Wu
                          Roland Schott
                          Glen Zorn
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-13.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2014-01-09

Abstract:
   This document defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report
   (XR) Block including two new segment types and associated SDP
   parameters that allow the reporting of MOS Metrics for use in a range
   of RTP applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 06:23:30 +0000

Hi,
The proposed changes look good. 
Regarding overall cleanup, since we remove mostype attribute from SDP, mos type related text should go away as well.
OLD TEXT:
"
Section 4.2

   A mosref attribute and mos type attribute MAY be included in an
   calgextmap; without it, the mosref and most type attribute implicitly
   inherits, of course, from the name attribute (e.g., P.1201.1
   [P.1201.1] indicates lower resolution used while P.1201.2 [P.1201.2]
   indicates higher resolution used) or payload type carried in the
   segment extension (e.g.,EVRC-WB [RFC5188] indicates using Wideband
   Codec).  However not all payload types or MOS algorithm names
   indicate resolution to be used and mos type to be used.

"
NEW TEXT:
"
Section 4.2

   A mosref attribute MAY be included in an
   calgextmap; without it, the mosref attribute implicitly
   inherits, of course, from the name attribute (e.g., P.1201.1
   [P.1201.1] indicates lower resolution used while P.1201.2 [P.1201.2]
   indicates higher resolution used) or payload type carried in the
   segment extension (e.g.,EVRC-WB [RFC5188] indicates using Wideband
   Codec).  However not all payload types or MOS algorithm names
   indicate resolution to be used.
"

Regards!
-Qin
-----Original Message-----
From: xrblock [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 4:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [xrblock] I-D Action: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-13.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
xrblock mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xrblock

---

From: Alan Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:11:24 -0500

Thanks for your comments Qin - I'll wait to see if there are any 
additional points before sending out the -14.

Regards

Alan

On 1/13/14, 1:23 AM, Qin Wu wrote:
> .