Subject: [xrblock] Last Call: <draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-bytes-discarded-metric-01.txt> (RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) for Bytes Discarded Metric) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:17:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Metric Blocks for use with
RTCP's Extended Report Framework WG (xrblock) to consider the following
document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) for Bytes Discarded
   Metric'
  <draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-bytes-discarded-metric-01.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-02-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) is used in conjunction with the Real-
   time Transport Protocol (RTP) in to provide a variety of short-term
   and long-term reception statistics.  The available reporting may
   include aggregate information across longer periods of time as well
   as individual packet reporting.  This document specifies a report
   computing the bytes discarded from the de-jitter buffer after
   successful reception.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-bytes-discarded-metric/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-bytes-discarded-metric/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.