Subject: [xrblock] Pointer to Active Registry Draft and RTCP-XR example metric

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:46:33 -0400

I'd like your feedback on this draft/example, as a co-author.
It would be fine to post it to the ippm-list, too.

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-registry-active/

note that the eventual plan is to combine passive and active registries.
there are references in the draft above to the common draft, which
will inherit all the active columns, etc. soon.

Al

---

From: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:06:35 -0400

Hi Al,

I looked at the IPPM active registry draft and below are my thoughts:

The current rtcp-xr-metrics draft attempts to map the XR metrics to an
API identifier. These API identifiers would be exposed by the browser
to the Javascript application by the WebRTC StatsAPI. Hence, I think a
new registry would make more sense -- listing only the metric identifiers
related to WebRTC and their corresponding definition, data-type, and
measurement interval and value range.

Currently the recommended metrics for WebRTC are a subset of the
metrics defined in XRBLOCK.

The IPPM registry on the other hand imports the RFC6390 template from
each XRBLOCK document, I hope this new registry will eventually list all
the active metrics (not only the ones developed in XRBLOCK), and be a
good source to look for existing metrics before defining new ones.

Cheers,
Varun

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM, MORTON, ALFRED C (AL) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xrblock mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xrblock

-- 
http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/~varun/