Subject: [yang-doctors] does nacm:default-deny-write apply recursively?

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 15:54:47 +0200

Hi,

assume I tag an NP container with nacm:default-deny-write, does this
mean that every data node in the subtree inherits the
nacm:default-deny-write property or do I have to tag all leafs in the
subtree explicitely?

>From the way the text in section 3.4.5 of RFC 6536 is written, I kind
of assume nacm:default-deny-write is not inherited recursively but I
thought I check.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 09:58:09 +0200

> On 13 Jun 2016, at 15:54, Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 

In the RESTCONF implementation we are now developing, the NACM attributes are inherited - and can be overriden.

> of assume nacm:default-deny-write is not inherited recursively but I

We do inherit the default policies, too.

Lada

> _______________________________________________
> yang-doctors mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yang-doctors

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C