Subject: [yang-doctors] Fwd: pyang in idnits

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 08:36:44 +0200

[resent with the right email address, the one subscribed to the YANG 
doctors mailer]

Hi Henrik,

Let's look at an example.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo/
This produces a pyang error in the tracker

However, in my environment, in which I updated pyang a couple of days
ago, there are no errors for this draft.
See http://www.claise.be/IETFYANGPageCompilation.html

Can you please upgrade to the latest version of pyang (the 1.1 branch
has been integrated in the master)
Also: note this issue, https://github.com/mbj4668/pyang/issues/239

Regards, Benoit

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:18:45 +0200

Hi Benoit,

> Also: note this issue, https://github.com/mbj4668/pyang/issues/239

Right; this is indeed the issue.  I've added my 5 cents to the same
ticket.

The package handling for the datatracker, which pulls in more than
30 direct dependencies, and in turn their dependencies, is built
around pip.

Each time I do a release, all these packages are upgraded to the latest
version, unless explicitly kept back because of incompatibilities.  If
the pyang package on pypi.python.org had been updated with Yang-1.1
support, it would have been installed shortly after, at the time of the
next release, or we could have manually run 'pip install --upgrade'.

If there is any chance of getting the pyang maintainers to do a release,
I'd prefer to go that route instead of start to build a mechanism to
pull git updates outside of regular releases.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 12:08:03 +0200 (CEST)

> pull git updates outside of regular releases.

Ok, I'll create a new release within the next few days.

/martin

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 12:25:51 +0200

> Ok, I'll create a new release within the next few days.

Thank you! :-)

	Henrik

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:34:19 +0200 (CEST)

> > Ok, I'll create a new release within the next few days.

Done!

/martin

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 15:31:09 +0200

Great.
Already updated in my tool chain.

Regards, B.
> _______________________________________________
> yang-doctors mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yang-doctors
> .
>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 15:46:09 +0200

>> > Ok, I'll create a new release within the next few days.

Oh, good!

I expect to make a new release later today; as soon as that is deployed,
pyang 1.7 will be used in the draft submission checking.

	Henrik