Subject: [yang-doctors] YANG-related addition (New datatracker release: v6.55.0)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 11:58:42 +0200

Dear all,

Great YANG-related addition to the tracker, thanks to Henrik.

For the development mode tracker

New datatracker release: v6.55.0 will be installed shortly.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New datatracker release: v6.55.0
Date: 	Fri, 16 Jun 2017 02:38:52 -0700
From: 	Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release,
v6.55.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.55.0) ietf; urgency=medium

   **Improved Yang validation support**

   This release updates and expands the Yang support in the datatracker.  In
   addition to checking yang modules in submitted drafts using pyang, it now
   also does a yanglint check.  The yang validation results are available by
   clicking on the red or green yin/yang symbols which show for drafts that
   contain yang models.

   For drafts where one or more models were found at submission time, the pyang
   and yanglint checks are re-run once per day, to catch newly arrived models
   in the library directories (both rfc and draft models).

   Additional details, from the commit log:

   * Added a new yang checker, 'yanglint', to the existing Yang checker class,
     in addition to the existing 'pyang' checker.

   * Added modal overlay displays showing the yang check results every place
     the yin/yang symbol is shown (red or green) to indicate the presencee and
     result of yang checks.  Added a Yang Validation: line in the document
     meta-information section on the document's page in the datatracker.

   * Added the result of the xym extaction to the yang check results, to make
     extration failures visible.

   * Added the version of the used xym, pyang, and yanglint commands to the
     check results.

   * Added an action to move successfully extracted and validated modules to
     the module library directories immediately on submission.

   * Added the xym repository as an svn:external component, rather than listing
     it in requirements.txt, as there has been delays of many months between
     essential features appearing in the repository, and an actual release of
     same.  We may get occasional buildbot failures if broken code is pulled in
     from the repository, but better that than the functionality failure of
     severely outdated componets.

   * Added a new management command to re-run yang validation for active drafts
     for which yang modules were found at submission time, in order to pick up
     imported models which may have arrived in the model libraries after the
     draft's submission.  Run daily from bin/daily.

   * Added a table to hold version information for external commands.  The yang
     checker output should include the version information of the used
     checkers, but seems unnecessary to run each command with its --version
     switch every time we check a module...

   * Added a new management command to collect version information for external
     commands on demand.  To be run daily from bin/daily.

   * Added tests to verify that xym, pyang and yanglint information is
     available on the submission confirmation page, and updated the yang module
     contained in the test document to validate under both pyang and yanglint.

   * Updated admin.py and resource.py files as needed.

  -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  16 Jun 2017 09:15:22 +0000

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
   'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.55.0'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
   'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.55.1.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

.