Subject: [yang-doctors] Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-client-server-03

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 15:14:10 -0700

Reviewer: Andy Bierman
Review result: Ready with Nits

Review: draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-client-server-03

Modules:
 (M1) [email-masked]
 (M2) [email-masked]
 (M3) [email-masked]

YANG Usage:

 I did not find anything wrong in either module.
 pyang and yangdump-pro do not report any errors or warnings.

Comments:

C1:

 (M3) transport-params leafrefs

 Example of <transport-params> in sec. 4.2 shows ietf-ssh-common
 as the module namespace but this will never happen in real usage.
 People will copy the various identityref examples in this section
 and not encode the identityref prefix correctly.

C2:

Sec 1.2 Tree Diagrams

Old text should be replaced with reference to
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-tree-diagrams-01

C3:

 (M1) IETF copyright says 2014; change to 2017
 (M3) IETF copyright says 2014; change to 2017

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 20:23:19 +0000

Hi Andy, 

Thanks for your review.  Below are my responses to your comments.

Thanks,
Kent

--

Reviewer: Andy Bierman

Modules:

YANG Usage:

Comments:

C1:

<KENT> I added prefixes to the example.  

<KENT> This would've been caught earlier (via validation) had the
transport-params grouping contained some mandatory values, as then
the identities would have to show up in other examples (e.g., 
ex-netconf-server.xml), which would then have to encode the 
identities from another namespace.  I sent email to Gary asking
him about if any of these values are mandatory.

<KENT> Also related, I notice that there are a ton of algorithm
identities here that I'd forgotten about.  Going back to Juergen's
comment about factoring these out into another module, now it
seems more prudent than ever! I just filed an issue to track
this:  https://github.com/netconf-wg/keystore/issues/8

C2:

Sec 1.2 Tree Diagrams

<KENT> Is this safe?  I've resisted doing this so far because I
wasn't sure if the tree-diagrams draft might break syntax...

C3:

<KENT> done!