Subject: [yang-doctors] YANG draft development with markdown

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 15:02:53 +0100

Dear Doctors,

I am in the process of writing a draft with a YANG module in MD, and I
use kramdown-2629 to generate XML.  Here is the question:

  * Is there a preferred draft development approach where YANG models
    are incorporated/included in that particular process?

Thanks,

Eliot

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:33:50 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

>     are incorporated/included in that particular process?

I don't know the answer to this question, so I'll answer a question
you didn't ask :)

Many of us use an alternative tool, called "oxtradoc", found at:
https://github.com/Juniper/libslax.

As an example, see https://github.com/netmod-wg/rfc7223bis.

YANG modules and examples are written in separate files (which can be
validated with tools), and included using a special instruction in the
oxtradoc syntax.

/martin

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 17:22:48 -0800

I know that Lada has a git repository template to develop YANG models that for some reason I cannot find right now.

Similar to what Martin has mentioned below, I use make and scripts developed by Kent that allow me to develop YANG models and their examples separately from the draft. Doing that allows me to validate them before including them in the draft before publication. 

For an example look at the ACL model in the GitHub repository.

Cheers.

> On Mar 5, 2018, at 5:33 AM, Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> yang-doctors mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yang-doctors

Mahesh Jethanandani
[email-masked]