Subject: Fwd: Can Guaranteed Service be viewed as dedicated line?

From: [email-masked] (������ )
Date: 21 Feb 2000 02:59:09 -0000

<h3>���͸�[email-masked] �ĵ����ʼ�:</h3>

---- ת���ʼ���ԭ�����ˣ�flist�� ---- 
Dear all,

I am now doing some research in real time distributed systems which
now is dealing with periodic hard real time tasks. As the
communication dealy among tasks should be bounded, I found the 
Guaranteed Service in Intserv model is quite suitable. 

But as I know the architecture of the Intserv model is rather
complex, and the transfer of a message will involve packet
classification, packet scheduling and sometimes disassembling/
assembling of the message into packets. If I view the Guaranteed
Service of Intserv model in that detail, it is very hard for
me to develop real time task scheduling algorithms. So my question
is: To what extent can I view Guaranteed Service be viewed as 
dedicated line since I am only a user of this service (i.e. I am
above the transport layer) ?

By the way, are there any schemes to multiplex one Guaranteed
Service connection among several transport layer enttites (within
one processor) to avoid wasting communication resources?

Thank you in advance.

Zhou Dingjun

-----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.webpc.edu.cn ������������ϵ���
(ÿ��һ�ݽ�ѧ�� �ļ�, �����ʼ�, ͨѶ��, ��ҳ��ǩ, ����, С��)