Subject: Some question

From: "Mike Badil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:05:54 -0500

Hi all,

I have read Iintserv-RSVP papers, I have following question.

1- A flow is identfied by Dest.Address, protocol ID, detstination port. What 
is step which decides that whether incoming packet has resource reserved for 
or not. In other word, when a packet arrives to router, classfier and 
scheduling is applied. Classifing decides which class does the packet 
belongs, and scheduler process the packets according to their priority. Who 
decides whether there is resource allocated for that packet or not?

2- Does policing(which check whether the packets violate the rate or not) 
apply in every or only in edge nodes?

I will be really appriatiate if some body answer these question.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

---

From: Steven Berson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:08:22 -0800 (PST)

> decides whether there is resource allocated for that packet or not?

Mike,

There is an admission control decision when the RESV message arrives.
If resources are available, the reservation is made, otherwise the
reservation is rejected and an error message is sent.

> apply in every or only in edge nodes?

Policing may occur in all nodes.

Steve