Subject: Advertisement

From: Jan Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:21:48 +1000

Research Fellows in Information Networks

Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering

University of Melbourne

The University of Melbourne is an internationally recognised teaching and
research institution. Commitment to excellence is demonstrated by innovative
academic programs and its record as Australia's largest recipient of
competitive research funding.

The Position: Up to four positions exist for Research Fellows, Senior Research
Fellows and Principal Research Fellows in the Australian Research Council
Special Research Centre in Ultra Broadband Information Networks (CUBIN) in the
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.  Research will be
conducted in one or more of the following areas: telecommunications network
architectures, network modelling and design, coding and signal processing,
network management, teletraffic theory and network flow control.

The Person: You will hold a PhD or equivalent in a relevant discipline and be
highly motivated to do research at the forefront of information networks. 
Research experience in telecommunications or related areas as evidenced by
high-quality publications is essential.  The ability to interact with both
industry and university teams is required. Classification and salary levels
will be commensurate with the level of experience and qualifications of the
successful applicants.

The Benefits: Attractive remuneration package is available.  Please contact
Professor Rod Tucker for details: Telephone: +61 3 8344 7688 or email:
[email-masked]

Duration:  3 years (initially with possible extension subject to funding)

Contact:  Position Description available from Ms Jan Richardson-Brown, Tel:
+61
3 8344 7987, Fax: +61 3 8344 7412, Email: [email-masked]  Please
also
consult our departmental web page: www.ee.mu.oz.au/jobs/ and, for more
information on CUBIN, www.ee.mu.oz.au/research/cubin/

Applications to: Director, Human Resources, The University of Melbourne,
Parkville, Vic 3052; Fax: +61 3 8344 4694 by 29 September, 2000.  Quote
position number 0008895 and include names (with phone and facsimile
numbers) of
three referees in your application.

Please note new telephone numbers.

Jan Richardson-Brown,
Administrative Manager,
Australian Photonics CRC-Melbourne,
Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering,
The University of Melbourne,
Parkville.   3052

Phone: 61 3 8344 7987
Fax:     61 3 8344 7412
Internet: http://www.ee.mu.oz.au