Subject: TENURE TRACKs AVAILABLE AT UTA

From: Kwan-Wu Chin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 17:11:35 +1100 (EST)

FACULTY POSITIONS AVAILABLE
                  ===========================================
                  COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
                      THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON
                  ============================================

The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA), Computer Science and
Engineering (CSE) Department - CSE@UTA invites applications for 
multiple tenure-track faculty positions at assistant or associate 
professor levels.  Applicants with expertise in the following areas 
are preferred: software engineering; systems including architecture, 
distributed and high-performance computing; networks and telecommunications; 
database and data mining; and applied theory.  UTA, part of The University 
of Texas System, is the heart of the rapidly growing Dallas/Fort Worth area, 
one of the nation's largest high-technology regions, with a flourishing 
industrial base and excellent opportunities for industry/university collaboration.

We at CSE@UTA are committed to excellence in research, teaching, and
community service.  We recently kicked off a "Top 25 Initiative" with
the goal of reaching a national top 25 ranking.  The initiative is strongly
supported by all CSE@UTA stakeholders including the UTA administration,
our students and alumni, and our industry partners.  The highlights of the
Top 25 Initiative include significant increase in tenure track faculty
positions and PhD students; significant increase in research funds; and
establishment of endowed student fellowships, endowed faculty chairs, and
industry-sponsored laboratories.

Applicants for an assistant professor position must have an earned
doctorate in computer science, computer engineering, or closely related fields 
and a commitment to teaching and scholarly research.  Applicants for an
associate professor position must have demonstrated an excellent record of
professional accomplishments in their field of expertise.  The faculty
openings are anticipated for September 2001.  Screening of applications
will begin immediately and will continue until all positions are filled.
Interested persons should send a resume and reference letters to

Chair of Search Committee
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
P.O. Box 19015
Arlington, TX  76019-0015

Phone: 817-272-3605
FAX: 817-272-3070
Email: [email-masked]
http://www-cse.uta.edu

The University of Texas at Arlington is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer.