Subject: [102attendees] Request: Looking for mentors

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 11:02:29 +0200

Dear all,

The Mentoring Team is looking for mentors for both individual mentoring
and the Newcomers Quick Connection session.

We would like to ask you to fill in (one of) these forms if you want to
volunteer so we can make the best possible match.

With this new process Wes and I hope to streamline the process for
requesting mentors and making connections.

Mentoring:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYUMBGyijGfSK7rGlnL6o2HXMY8ooRumten95JZGR7lU6AnA/viewform

Newcomers Quick Connection Session:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemlgU9Gj9O7es-tW86db5fXBa_ly0jSvh4p_tUIs4s2AnLHQ/viewform

Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Best,

Niels

PS We're currently have six mentoring slots open, so all help is appeciated!

-- 
Niels ten Oever
Researcher and PhD Candidate
Datactive Research Group
University of Amsterdam

PGP fingerprint	   2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488
                   643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 13:20:24 +0200

Dear all,

We currently have 24 sign-ups for mentees, and therefore we are looking
for a few more individual mentors. It would be very much appreciated if
you would consider signing up for being an individual mentor.

Being a mentor generally consists of having a short conversation
(voice/video/mail/chat) before the IETF meeting, an introduction session
of roughly one hour at the beginning of the week and a check-in session
later in the week to answer any questions the mentee might have or help
make connections. Time and again this has shown to be very useful for
new participants in our community, and it helped them to find their way
and come back! So please consider signing up here:

Thanks in advance,

Niels & Wes
Mentoring Team

PS If you are willing to _also_, or rather serve as Newcomers Quick
Connection mentor on Sunday, that is also very much appreciated. You can
sign up for that here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemlgU9Gj9O7es-tW86db5fXBa_ly0jSvh4p_tUIs4s2AnLHQ/viewform

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 15:28:33 +0200

Dear all,

We are experiencing a record number of 30 (!) mentees. We have made 24
pairings between mentors and mentees , so we only need 6 more mentors
for individual mentoring. We are perfectly covered for the Newcomers
Quick Connection.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would consider signing up to be
an individual mentor here:

Particular interests are: Segment routing, Security, ACME, IPv6, DNS.

Thanks in advance,

Niels