Subject: [102attendees] Stashing your bag at the QE...

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:19:00 -0400

Hm.  The QE wants "a small charge" of $2 per bag if you want the
bellman to stash your bag.  I've never before heard of a hotel that
charges for that.  It's small in absolute terms, but it's just
chintzy.

Barry

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:13:00 -0400

> charges for that.  It's small in absolute terms, but it's just

I have been in many hotels that had a bag check charge.

Even big chain hotels.

Yeah, chintzy.

But then I did have a hotel loose my bag that I had checked with them.  
It was the Hyatt Resort  (I think Palm Springs) for 802 wireless.  They 
could not find my bag and we checked EVERYWHERE in their office area.  
The bag showed up Sunday evening.  The story was, that since this was a 
resort, people come early in the day, check their bags, and go out and 
play a round of golf.  The hotel delivers the bags during the day when 
the room is ready.

Well my bag ended up in a room where the people only reported the extra 
bag when they checked out.  They could not be bothered that Thursday 
evening to tell the desk that there was an extra bag in their room.

So if a charge gives them the wherewithal to provide better control, 
OK.  But I tend to think it does not...

Bob

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:14:35 -0400

> charges for that.  It's small in absolute terms, but it's just

I have also had hotels hit me up with a $25 charge for their 'free' 
shuttle to the airport, and of course this charge was not on my check 
out statement.

---

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 18:01:50 +0200

We are sorry, but we have to start charging 0.50$ for complaints
email to this mailing list. This charge will be added
automatically to your next IETF meeting fee.

Ask to talk to the hotel manager and express your concern. If
the best thing he is offering is to give you your money back,
then explain to him that that would still have you strongly
consider documenting this charge on your favourite hotel review
site for the benefit of other travellers.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 11:14:35AM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I have also had hotels hit me up with a $25 charge for their 'free' shuttle
> to the airport, and of course this charge was not on my check out statement.
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 102attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/102attendees

---

From: Stephanie McCammon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 12:28:07 -0400

Hi Everyone! 

I just sent an email regarding this but you beat me to it. We will have luggage storage available in the Agora room on the lobby level at no charge tomorrow from 07:30-16:00.

Thanks!

Stephanie McCammon
IETF Secretariat

> On Jul 19, 2018, at 12:01 PM, Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]> wrote:
>