Subject: [105attendees] Let's have some fun: PechaKucha & friends

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 16:42:28 -0400

As some of you may know, I occasionally organize a social event around 
satirical short talks.  (Sometimes there is beer.)  In the past, it’s 
been required to fit the PechaKucha format but the PechaKucha format is 
rather strict (20 slides, each on screen for 20 seconds, minimal text).  
So, I’d like to try an experiment.  This time, any talk format will be 
allowed (including PK) with a maximum length of 7 minutes.  As before, 
the topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or 
controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited.  Anyone can 
participate in this unofficial social event.

The date will be Thursday evening (July 25) starting at 9:30pm.  
Location will be announced later.

If you haven’t been to one of these events, Here are two of my 
personal favorites from prior IETFs by 
[Pete](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/IETF-099-Prague-videos/07-pete-resnick-8.mp4) 
and 
[Brian](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/IETF-096-Berlin-videos/2_trammel-8.mp4). 
  Video from the past BA PKs can be found 
[here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).

If you want to do a pechakucha, there are lots of online tutorials and 
suggestions for how to make a good PechaKucha.  Here are a few: 
[[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)], 
[[2](http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html)], 
[[3](https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/)].

As my friend, Spencer, says: “Make good decisions, People!”

Format Details:

* Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first served.
* To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to 
[email-masked] and receive confirmation.
* Presenters must agree to limit their talks to less than 7 minutes 
(strictly enforced using the Lars Eggert Approach).
* Slides are due Thursday 6pm in Powerpoint or PDF.

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 20:19:28 -0400

Location: Duluth

Speaking slots are still available.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 4:42 PM Aaron Falk <[email-masked]> wrote:

> satirical short talks. (Sometimes there is beer.) In the past, it’s been
> required to fit the PechaKucha format but the PechaKucha format is rather
> strict (20 slides, each on screen for 20 seconds, minimal text). So, I’d
> like to try an experiment. This time, any talk format will be allowed
> (including PK) with a maximum length of 7 minutes. As before, the topics
> are encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or controversial in some
> way, although not mean-spirited. Anyone can participate in this unofficial
> social event.
>
> The date will be Thursday evening (July 25) starting at 9:30pm. Location
> will be announced later.
>
> If you haven’t been to one of these events, Here are two of my personal
> favorites from prior IETFs by Pete
> <http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/IETF-099-Prague-videos/07-pete-resnick-8.mp4>
> and Brian
> <http://snaggletooth.akam.ai/IETF-096-Berlin-videos/2_trammel-8.mp4>.
> Video from the past BA PKs can be found here <http://snaggletooth.akam.ai>
> .
>
> suggestions for how to make a good PechaKucha. Here are a few: [1
> <http://www.pechakucha.org/>], [2
> <http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html>],
> [3 <https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/>].
>
>    - Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first
>    served.
>    - To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to
>    - Presenters must agree to limit their talks to less than 7 minutes
>    - Slides are due Thursday 6pm in Powerpoint or PDF.
>
> --
-- aaron Sent from Gmail Mobile

---

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 11:08:32 -0400

REMINDER: This is tonight at 9:30 in Duluth.

8 speakers are signed up.

See you there.

--aaron

On 22 Jul 2019, at 20:19, Aaron Falk wrote:

>> been
>> personal