Subject: [16NG] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Transmission of IPv4 packets over IEEE 802.16's IP Convergence Sublayer
	Author(s)	: S. Madanapalli, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2007-5-29
	
   IEEE 802.16 is an air interface specification for wireless broadband
   access.  IEEE has specified the service specific convergence
   sublayers (CS) in the IEEE 802.16 MAC to be used by upper layer
   protocols.  Asynchronous Transfer Mode Convergence Sublayer (ATM CS)
   and Packet Convergence Sublayer (Packet CS) represent the two main
   service specific convergence sublayers for the IEEE 802.16.  The
   packet CS is used for transport for all packet-based protocols such
   as Internet Protocol (IP), IEEE 802.3 (Ethernet) and IEEE 802.1Q
   (VLAN).  The IP specific part of the Packet CS enables transport of
   IPv4 packets directly over the IEEE 802.16 MAC.

   This document specifies the frame format, the Maximum Transmission
   Unit (MTU) and address assignment procedures for transmitting IPv4
   packets over IP Convergence Sublayer (IPCS) of the IEEE 802.16.  This
   document also provides the details of why the ARP cannot be sent over
   the IEEE 802.16 links using IPCS and a recommendation for this.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
16NG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/16ng