Subject: [68ATTENDEES] Passports and Health Insurance Requirements

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 07:12:14 -0500

All;

Please read information regarding passport and health insurance
information for traveling to the Czech Republic at:
www3.ietf.org/meetings/68-passport_info.html 

Ray

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:53:50 +0100

> www3.ietf.org/meetings/68-passport_info.html

That only concerns US residents right?

Someone coming from France to the Czech Republic should read the 
Embassy's page in France at:
http://tinyurl.com/278zx5

That apparently means that _any_ non-Czech (EU or not) needs that 
insurance.  A first-hand info on that is welcome, thanks.

Alex

Above url says:
> Passport and Health Insurance Information for Traveling to the Czech
> Republic The website of the Embassy of the Czech Republic in
> Washington, D.C. states that with the exception of EU citizens your
> passport must be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of
> arrival to the Czech Republic. You are required to have travel/health
> insurance to travel to the Czech Republic. Your health insurance must
> cover the medical services abroad - if not, you must have a travel
> insurance for possible expenses and hospitalization charges for
> medical reasons (accidents or unexpected illness while traveling in
> the Czech Republic),including repatriation to the country of your
> legal residence or to the country which issued your travel document.
> Minimum coverage of the insurance has to be at least $ 38,000. Make
> sure you will have a proof (for example: a letter issued by the
> insurance company, or a copy of the contract or any other document
> which will give the detailed information on the type and coverage of
> your insurance) of your medical insurance with you when entering the
> Czech Republic. For more information, you can visit the Embassy of
> the Czech Republic in Washington, D.C. web site.
> 
> The British Embassy, Prague website states that your passport should
> be valid for at least 6 months and in a presentable state and that
> proof of health insurance is required. For a more information, you
> can visit the British Embassy, Prague web site.
> 
> The US Department of State website states that a passport is required
> to be valid for 3 months beyond a visitor's intended stay and that
> proof of health insurance is required for travel to the Czech
> Republic. For a more information, you can visit the U.S. Department
> of State web site.

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:03:48 +0100

Am 28.02.2007 um 16:53 schrieb Alexandru Petrescu:

>> information for traveling to the Czech Republic at: www3.ietf.org/ 
>> meetings/68-passport_info.html
>

Well, as EU citizen you need nothing else than your ID card or  
passport. The insurance stuff is only needed if you travel for more  
than 90 days.

   Martin

>> Republic. For a more information, you can visit the U.S. Department

[email-masked]
NEC Europe Limited |
Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL |
Registered in England 2832014