Subject: [69ATTENDEES] spams...

From: [email-masked] (Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino)
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 19:09:16 +0900 (JST)

maybe it is time to close this mailing list?

itojun

_______________________________________________
69ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:46:41 -0700

>  	maybe it is time to close this mailing list?

I haven't noticed any spam via this list.  Are you sure it was via 
the list?  (Maybe I don't see it because my client filters it out.)

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
Squad Helps Dog Bite Victim
--Newspaper headline

---

From: [email-masked] (Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino)
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 14:36:41 +0900 (JST)

> the list?  (Maybe I don't see it because my client filters it out.)

	yes, i'm sure and i saw like 5 of them.

itojun

---

From: Janet P Gunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:40:47 -0400

I have not seen any spam at all. 

Janet

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 09:21:39 -0500

There was one spam caught by my filter to [69attendees] from a Canadian
Pharmacy.  It looks like that same spammer made a run at other IETF
lists because I've got two of the same postings to one of the other IETF
lists I moderate, so somehow that one made it through TMDA.  
 
Mary 

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Janet P Gunn [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2007 7:41 AM
	To: Randall Gellens
	Cc: [email-masked]
	Subject: Re: [69ATTENDEES] spams...

	
	Janet

	Randall Gellens <[email-masked]> wrote on 08/11/2007

---

From: Cees de Laat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:08:01 +0200

Depends on your definition of spam, but at some point I consider 
mails that have no useful or action changing/updating information or 
fun in them as spam. So on can think of all those mails about I saw 
spam or not as spam, including actually this one. So although this 
list was useful during the IETF, unless we want to organize a 
69attendees reunion event in ten years from now, the list seems to me 
now past its functional time. So please close this list.

Best regards,
Cees.

At 09:21 -0500 12-08-2007, Mary Barnes wrote:
>Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
>Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
>	boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C7DCEC.190D8DB9"
>
>There was one spam caught by my filter to [69attendees] from a 
>Canadian Pharmacy.  It looks like that same spammer made a run at 
>other IETF lists because I've got two of the same postings to one of 
>the other IETF lists I moderate, so somehow that one made it through 
>TMDA. 
>
>Mary
>

-- 
http://www.science.uva.nl/~delaat/

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:54:15 +0200

On 12-aug-2007, at 22:08, Cees de Laat wrote:

> mails that have no useful or action changing/updating information  
> or fun in them as spam. So on can think of all those mails about I  
> saw spam or not as spam, including actually this one. So although  
> this list was useful during the IETF, unless we want to organize a  
> 69attendees reunion event in ten years from now, the list seems to  
> me now past its functional time. So please close this list.

++

Especially as unsubscribing doesn't seem to work.

---

From: Jaap Akkerhuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:27:15 +0200

people on this list seem to have such a short memory. When subscibing
to this list I was told it would be closed 30 days after the meeting.
Out can see this also on the list announcements
(http://www.ietf.org/PASTMEETINGS/69-mailing_list.html):

    Purpose: for the IAD and IETF Secretariat to send messages
    related to the 69th IETF meeting. You can subscribe and unsubscribe
    at www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees.

    This mailing list will expire 30 days after meeting.

Now, let's whine about something else.

	jaap

---

From: "Arnoud van Wijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:39:22 +0200

Sure..let's see...
Umm vancouver in december is too cold! :-)
I want hawaii...nice and warm.

Just kidding. About spam: yes got a few but my filters filtered all except 1
out.
If you do not to receive from this mailing list, just send them to deleted
items using the rules or filter them.

And I am looking forward to meet you all in Vancouver!

Arnoud A. T. van Wijk
AnnieS
http://www.annies.nl/content/inEnglish/home.asp
Mobile textphone (SIP): [email-masked]

> From: Jaap Akkerhuis [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: maandag 13 augustus 2007 11:27
> To: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:15:18 +0000

List has one more official purpose - to send out an after meeting survey. While that may be yet a couple weeks off the list may go dormant or get TDMA in front of it. 
Ray
IAD 
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Cees de Laat <[email-masked]>

Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:08:01 
To:[email-masked]
Subject: RE: [69ATTENDEES] spams...

Best regards,
Cees.