Subject: Re: [69ATTENDEES] Networking at IETF meetings

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 18:11:45 -0500

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 12:58:36PM -0400, Stephen Hanna wrote:
> With the "Keep It Simple" principle in mind, I think we can
> just say that people who want an ad-hoc meal should meet at
> the IETF Message Board at meal times. This better suits the
> ad-hoc, casual, last-minute nature of the situation than a
> complicated online sign-up sheet.
> 
> The message board also provides a convenient place for a
> sign saying "Happily Educational and Yeasty Mealtime Ad-hoc
> Networking (heyman)" or some such clever acronym, along
> with a humorous description of the ad-hoc meeting protocol.

Just add a sign that says "ad-hoc meal meeting/hookup location."

_______________________________________________
69ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees

---

From: "Stephen Hanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 05:35:32 -0400

Right, but that doesn't have a funny acronym (ahmm/hl?).
No problem. I'm sure the acronym problem can be solved
over a few beers. ;-)

Thanks,

Steve