Subject: [6lo] Protocol Action: 'Definition of Managed Objects for IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks (6LoWPANs)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6lo-lowpan-mib-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 08:45:16 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Definition of Managed Objects for IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless
   Personal Area Networks (6LoWPANs)'
  (draft-ietf-6lo-lowpan-mib-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-lowpan-mib/

Technical Summary:

        This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
        for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
        In particular, it defines objects for managing IPv6 over Low-Power
        Wireless Personal Area Networks (6LoWPANs).

Working Group Summary:

        There were no particular points of contention in the WG process, and the
        consensus behind publication of this document as a Standards Track RFC
        appears solid.

Document Quality:

        There is at least one implementation of the specification using SNMP to 
        read counters of a constrained device using the 6lowpan adaptation layer.
        This implementation has been demonstrated at the plugfest of IETF90.
        There have been good discussions of the document among the WG participants,
        in general.

        There have been no specific MIB doctor, Media Type or other expert reviews
        done. The main editor is himself a MIB doctor.

Personnel:

        The Document Shepherd is Ulrich Herberg.
        The Responsible Area Director is Brian Haberman.