Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-mesh-link-establishment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 12:00:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Mesh Link Establishment
        Author          : Richard Kelsey
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-mesh-link-establishment-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-12-01

Abstract:
   This document defines the mesh link establishment (MLE) protocol for
   establishing and configuring secure radio links in IEEE 802.15.4
   radio mesh networks.  MLE extends IEEE 802.15.4 for use in multihop
   mesh networks by adding three capabilities: 1) dynamically
   configuring and securing radio connections between neighboring
   devices, 2) enabling network-wide changes to shared radio parameters,
   and 3) allowing the determination of radio link quality prior to
   configuration.  MLE operates below the routing layer, insulating it
   from the details of configuring, securing, and maintaining individual
   radio links within a larger mesh network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-mesh-link-establishment/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-mesh-link-establishment-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/