Subject: [6lo] Comments on draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-04

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 22:36:01 +0000

At last IETF, I took an action item to review draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-04.
A PDF copy with my marked up comments/suggestions is now at
http://research.microsoft.com/~dthaler/draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-04.pdf
(Lots of grammatical corrections, for example.)

The main technical comment is that there's nothing in the document that
guarantees that the link lifetime is short.  E.g. if you leave your phone within
10cm of your laptop, what prevents the link from lasting indefinitely?
The IID generation mechanism of padding with a fixed prefix is really
bad and needs to be replaced unless there's something that enforces that
a link cannot last for more than a tiny amount of time.

Dave

---

From: 최영환 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 00:42:22 +0000

Dear Dave,

I'm Younghwan Choi, who is an author of the draft-ietf-6lo-nfc.

First of all, thanks so much for your comments. I've got not only your comments but also lots of feedback from NFC Forum.
I've been being working on the next version of the draft-ietf-6lo-nfc. I'll reflect your comments on that as well.

Best regards,
Younghwan Choi

________________________________
보낸 사람 : "Dave Thaler" <[email-masked]>
보낸 날짜 : 2016-09-13 07:36:15 ( +09:00 )
받는 사람 : [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
참조 :
제목 : [6lo] Comments on draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-04

The main technical comment is that there’s nothing in the document that
guarantees that the link lifetime is short.  E.g. if you leave your phone within
10cm of your laptop, what prevents the link from lasting indefinitely?
The IID generation mechanism of padding with a fixed prefix is really
bad and needs to be replaced unless there’s something that enforces that
a link cannot last for more than a tiny amount of time.

Dave