Subject: [6lo] 6lo with bandwidth aggregation mechanism at link layer

From: sajjad akbar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 10:50:35 +0000

Hi everyone

I am working on Digi International based radio module in my PhD(ZigBee and
EM250 from Slicon labs). The focused area is patient monitoring systems.
For health-care systems, we have following data transmission requirements
from sensors node within 250 ms delay.

*Physiological parameter*

*Data generation Interval *

*Data generation (bits)*

*Packet size    (bytes) *

*Required data rate (kbps) *

ECG

4 ms

16

 17

34

EMG

6 ms

11

16.3

19.6

EEG

4 ms

11

16.3

19.6

Pulse oximeter (SpO2)

10 ms

12

16.4

13.2

BP

10 ms

12

16.4

13.2

Respiration

40 ms

8

16

3.2

Blood glucose

250 sec

0.032 (1 bit)

15.1

0.528

Skin temperature

60 sec

0.266

16.98

2.27

Activity

10 ms

11

16.3

3.3

My experiments recommends not to use TSCH at link layer to achieve required
data rates within specified time period, however, hybrid channel access
method of IEEE 802.15.4 (SLOTTED CSMA/CA and TDMA) was better option when I
applied bandwidth aggregation mechanism at link layer.

Please give me your feedback.

Regards
Sajjad

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 11:02:42 -0500

sajjad akbar <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > My experiments recommends not to use TSCH at link layer to achieve
    > required data rates within specified time period, however, hybrid
    > channel access method of IEEE 802.15.4 (SLOTTED CSMA/CA and TDMA) was
    > better option when I applied bandwidth aggregation mechanism at link
    > layer.

I don't understand how TSCH could be be worse than CSMA methods.
Probably, I don't understand enough about your needs, or the context of your
experiment.

--

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-