Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 09:15:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Address Protected Neighbor Discovery for Low-power and Lossy Networks
        Authors         : Pascal Thubert
                          Behcet Sarikaya
                          Mohit Sethi
                          Rene Struik
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-08.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2018-10-18

Abstract:
   This document specifies an extension to 6LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery
   (ND) defined in RFC6775 and updated in [I-D.ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update].
   The new extension is called Address Protected Neighbor Discovery (AP-
   ND) and it protects the owner of an address against address theft and
   impersonation attacks in a low-power and lossy network (LLN).  Nodes
   supporting this extension compute a cryptographic identifier (Crypto-
   ID) and use it with one or more of their Registered Addresses.  The
   Crypto-ID identifies the owner of the Registered Address and can be
   used to provide proof of ownership of the Registered Addresses.  Once
   an address is registered with the Crypto-ID and a proof-of-ownership
   is provided, only the owner of that address can modify the
   registration information, thereby enforcing Source Address
   Validation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/