Subject: [6lowapp] I-D DPWS in 6LoWPAN

From: Guido Moritz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:44:37 +0100

Dear *,

because we already have been mentioned in IETF 6LoWAPP mailing list, let me
briefly introduce myself and activities of our research group. We are part
of the Web Services for Devices Initiative (www.ws4d.org), which has
implemented several compliant toolkits for the Devices Profile for Web
Services (DPWS). We are also voting member of the OASIS WS-DD TC
(www.oasis-open.org/committees/ws-dd/), which has defined three different
specifications (DPWS, WS-Discovery, SOAP-over-UDP), common known as DPWS.

We now have submitted an informational I-D on "DPWS in 6LoWPAN networks". It
is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-moritz-6lowapp-dpws-enhancements-00.txt. I am
not sure if and how it will make its way to the 6LoWAPP wiki site. 

I would like to invite everybody to give comments on the I-D or for further
fruitful discussions on this topic. Especially section 3.3 might be
discussed more in general in 6LoWAPP, independent of the specific
application layer protocol. 

Regards,
Guido Moritz

-------------------------
Dipl. Ing. Guido Moritz
University of Rostock, Department of CS and EE
Institute of Applied Microelectronics and Computer Engineering
Richard-Wagner Str. 31, 18119 Rostock-Warnemuende
Phone:  +49 (0)381 498 - 7269
http://www.imd.uni-rostock.de

---

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:56:08 +0200

Guido,

I added a link to your draft on the Wiki. http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/6LowApp

Interesting draft, I'll be back with comments next week after a good reading!

Regards,
Zach

On Dec 18, 2009, at 13:44 , Guido Moritz wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 6lowapp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowapp

-- 
http://www.sensinode.com
http://zachshelby.org - My blog "On the Internet of Things"
http://6lowpan.net - New book - "6LoWPAN: The Wireless Embedded Internet"
Mobile: +358 40 7796297

Zach Shelby
Head of Research
Sensinode Ltd.
Kidekuja 2
88610 Vuokatti, FINLAND

This e-mail and all attached material are confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail from your system without producing, distributing or retaining copies thereof.