Subject: [6tisch] plugfest

From: Xavier Vilajosana Guillen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:41:47 +0100

Dear all,

I would like to announce the plugfest event at the 89th IETF Meeting in
London and call for participants and interested audience. Please find next
the plugfest information. I hope to see you there!
X
----

6TiSCH plugfest at IETF89

The IETF 6TiSCH working group <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/charters> is
hosting an information "plugfest" event at the IETF89 meeting, in London,
UK, during the week of March 2-7 2014.

The goal of this event is to bring together people interested in hands-on
experience around the technology developed by the 6TiSCH working group,
with a particular focus on the TSCH mode of IEEE802.15.4e.

   - *Date*: during the week of March 2-7 2014. Exact date confirmed by
   2014-02-07.
   - *Location*: Hilton London Metropole, London, UK.

This event will feature the following complementary angles:

   - interoperation
   - demonstration
   - tools

Focus 1: Interoperation

The goal is to achieve interoperation between different hardware and
software implementations of 6TiSCH technology. The focus during this event
is on: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-00

Participants are encouraged to bring devices which implement parts or all
of the draft. Three levels of interoperation are proposed, in increasing
completeness:

   - *Level 1*, star topology. A single BBR devices acts as the time source
   neighbor for all other nodes. Nodes need to demonstrate frame-based and
   acknowledgement-based synchronization. The static TSCH schedule, as well as
   all slot timings are taken from draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-00.
   - *Level 2*, multi-hop topology. This level builds upon level 1. The
   goal of this level is full compliance to draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-00,
   including multi-hop routing (RPL).
   - *Level 3*, on-the-fly scheduling. TODO

Focus 2: Demonstration

Participants are encouraged to bring devices and technology based on
6TiSCH, which they believe can be of interest for the other participants.
These devices may or may not participate in the interoperation event.
Demonstration of more complete systems are encouraged, for example systems
which show the interconnection of a 6TiSCH based mesh to traditional
networks.
Focus 3: Tools

Participants are encouraged to bring and present different tools developed
around 6TiSCH networks. Possible tools include, but are not limited to:

   - acquisition devices (i.e. "sniffers")
   - packet analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark)
   - simulation/emulation platforms

Important Dates

The preparation of this event will be held during a portion of the weekly
6TiSCH call. In particular:

   - *01/10/2014* call. Adoption of the plugfest call by the WG, and
   nomination of the plugfest chair.
   - *01/24/2014* call. Participants have contacted the plugfest chair with
   a tentative description of what they wish to participate in.
   - *02/07/2014* call. Synchronization point 1. Participants can share the
   state of advancement of the implementation and raise blocking points.
   - *02/21/2014* call. Synchronization point 2. Participants can share the
   state of advancement of the implementation and raise blocking points.
   - *03/??/2014* call. Plugfest at IEF89. Exact date will be announced on
   6TiSCH ML.

For More Information

   - *website*: https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/plugfest
   - *contact*: Xavi Vilajosana [email-masked]

Note Well

This event is organized as part of the IETF89 standardization meeting. You
need to register to the IETF89 conference to be able to participate. Daily
passes are available. The IETF Note Well applies to this plugfest, see
http://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html.
About

The IETF 6TiSCH working group standardizes mechanisms focusing on enabling
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of the IEEE802.15.4e standard. You can access the
charter at http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/charter/, which also
contains links to the mailing list and the Internet-Drafts published by the
group. 6TiSCH holds weekly phone calls on Friday 8am PST. Participation is
open, and is subject to the IETF Note Well.