Subject: [6tisch] Wireshark dissector

From: Oleg Hahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 00:06:49 +0000

Hi!

Concerning the possible Wireshark dissector for 802.15.4e and 6tisch related
protocols: I've talked to one of the Wireshark developers during the break and
he stated that it is usually very easy to get a new dissector into Wireshark
(as a built-in), even if the protocol is in an early state (as long as it
doesn't conflict with any other standard protocol). He also pointed out that
in most cases it makes more sense to implement the dissector directly as an
built-in than writing a plugin, because of the unstable nature of Wireshark's
API.

Cheers,
Oleg
-- 
Institute of Computer Science
Freie Universität Berlin
AG-Tech, Room 148
Takustr. 9, 14195 Berlin
Mail: [email-masked]
Web: http://www.des-testbed.net
     http://www.riot-os.org