Subject: [6tisch] architecture draft tickets: consensus needed

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 14:35:47 -0700

All,

We have the following tickets open about
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-01.

As this is a WG document, we need consensus from the WG to implement the
suggest changes. Please +1/-1.

*Issue 7*

Issue: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/7
E-mail thread:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/6tisch/current/msg02178.html

OLD:

To support DIO and DAO broadcasts, 6top uses the payload of a Data
Packet to carry the DIO or DAO. The message is inserted into the
queue associated with the cells which LinkType is set to ADVERTISING.
Then, taking advantage of the broadcast cell feature established with
FrameAndLinkIE (as described above), the data packet with DIO or DAO
in the payload can be received by neighbors, which enforces the
maintenance of DODAG.

NEW (from Michael Richardson):

To broadcast ICMPv6 control messages used by RPL such as DIO or DAO,
6top uses the payload of a Data frames. The message is inserted into
the queue associated with the cells which LinkType is set to
ADVERTISING.  Then, taking advantage of the broadcast cell feature
established with FrameAndLinkIE (as described above), the RPL control
message can be received by neighbors, which enables the maintenance of
RPL DODAGs.

*@WG*: Do we agree with the proposed text?

*Issue 8*

Issue: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/8
E-mail thread:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/6tisch/current/msg02173.html

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-01#section-7.5needs
to be filled in.

*@Pascal*, could you assign this to someone?

*Issue 9*

Issue: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/9
E-mail thread:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/6tisch/current/msg02173.html

Please clarify that a TSCH Schedule is a *set* of 2D matrices. Each
matrices is [slotOffset,channelOffset] sized slotframe, and determines
how a particular node assigns the chunks.
[PT] Yes, there can be multiple matrices formatted globally in chunks that
are later appropriated by devices

*@WG*: Do we agree with the proposed fix?

Thomas