Subject: [6tisch] Minutes 6top discussion 13 June 2014

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:10:43 -0700

All,

You will find the minutes of the last 6top discussion at
https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/140613_webex_6top, also
copy-pasted below.

Please fix anything we might have missed directly in the e-mail and reply.

Thomas

---

Minutes Webex 13 June, 6top call 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PDT.
Info

   - When: Friday 6/13, 7-8am PDT
   - Webex:
      - link:
      https://cisco.webex.com/cisco/j.php?J=201508993&PW=NOGMzMWI4NTUz
      - Meeting Password: top
      - Meeting Number: 201 508 993
   - Topic: how to present WrapperIE of CoAP

Slides

   -
   https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/src/master/140613_webex_6top/slides_140613_webex_6top.pptx

Agenda

   - review the aspects of CoAP-WrapperIE solution *[15min]*
   - discuss how these aspects are associated with existing drafts *[15min]*
   - discuss how to present the solution *[20min]*

Taking notes *(using Etherpad)*

   1. Xavi Vilajosana
   2. Thomas Watteyne

Attendance *(alphabetically)*

   1. Pascal Thubert
   2. Pouria Zand
   3. Qin Wang
   4. Thomas Watteyne
   5. Xavi Vilajosana

Action items

   - *Thomas* To create repo for WrapperIE draft.

Minutes

   - *[07.05]* meeting starts
   - presents the agenda
      - we need to reduce the size of URI path, especially when using block
      transfer, if we want to use 64B blocks
   - *[Thomas]* The CoAP URI strings are too long. What's the max length
   for a 64B block to fit in single frame
   - *[Qin]* CoAP URI elements should be 2 characters llong each
   - *[Xavi]* idea: we could make the "/6t" prefix of the URI implicit when
   using WrapperIE
   - *[Thomas]* Sounds good. Consensus

   Rough consensus on the call.

   - *[Qin]* We agree to use MAC layer ACK and 6top layer data packet as an
   ACK.
      - 6top requires an explicit ACK. If not we do cross-layering.
   - *[Qin]* CoAP Observe is an option
   - *[Qin]* 6top sublayer will include a CoAP parser and formatter.
   - *[Thomas]* Logically, the 6top-layer CoAP and l7 CoAP as completely
   independent. Yet, in an implementation the same parsing/formatting
   functions can (should?) be used. This is an (important) implementation
   consideration.
   - *[Qin]* How do we sort drafts?

   Consensus on the call is to create a working draft to be presented at
   IETF90, which will then will be merged into 6top drafts if feedback is good.

   - *[Qin]* I can hande the new WrapperIE draft.

   Action item: *Thomas* To create repo for WrapperIE draft.